Chapter Three - Lacking Respect

Light peaked through the window of the hospital room, shining on Giovanni's face. Groaning, his eyes moved under his closed lids, a frown forming upon his lips. He moved to his side, facing the wall and away from the light that made everything around him sensitive.

The pain was something he felt in his head, along with numbness to certain parts of his body. Worse than a simple hangover.

Suddenly, the door opened, and he expected to see a doctor, which he did. But never did he expect to see a beautiful woman sleeping soundlessly in a chair across the room, not too far from the bed.

"Good morning, Mr. Brown," The doctor showed a polite smile. "I'm Dr. Johnson and assigned to you personally."

Personally? It didn't take long for him to put things together. He was not in the best shape last night and vaguely remembered things. He could only assume that things have gotten a little out of hand and his parents had gotten involved. Something tells him he was in the media once again.

Sighing tiredly, he shifted in the bed. "My parents?" He wanted confirmation and by the look on the doctor's face, he had his answer.

"You were barely conscious in the street. Do you remember how much alcohol you consumed?"

"A lot, but that doesn't mean there's a reason to be here. I could have slept it off." Giovanni shrugs.

Dr. Johnson spoke up at that. "Sir, this was nothing you could have slept off. You had symptoms of alcohol overdose and we had to treat you quickly."

"Alcohol overdose?" Giovanni repeats.

"Yes, sir." The doctor nods, looking over his vitals. "Everything looks normal but you will suffer a painful migraine."

Giovanni heard every single word the doctor said, but he couldn't help but avert his attention from the doctor to the woman sleeping in the chair. She was eye candy. Skin; a beautiful dark shade, flawless. And her jet black hair was pinned up in a bun with loose strands adjourning the front of her face. A true beauty that makes him wonder if she would be willing. He could tell by the looks of the faint bags under her long lashes that she's been here for a while now.

"Mr. Brown?" Dr. Johnson interrupts his thoughts.

He shifted once again in hopes to feel comfortable. "Who is that beauty in the chair?"

Dr. Johnson turned to look at the woman and smiled. "The beauty saved your life last night. She wanted to make sure you were alright, and she was leaving until she was sure."

Giovanni hummed in response, finally taking his eyes away from her to find Dr. Johnson's gaze. His head was now feeling cloudy and his muscles ached the more he tried to move. The numbness was slowly fading away.

"Do you remember anything, Mr. Brown?"

"It was a kind of hard to remember what happened and how he ended up in the hospital he was in. Inhaling a long breath and closing his eyes, exhaling. His head might feel a heavyweight, but he tried remembering events after boarding the plane from Phoenix. Moments later, it worked; images flooded his mind like a massive wave.

"My man," Anthony greeted happily once Giovanni stepped off the escalator with his bags. He kept his head down with the cap he wore, not wanting to get any familiar attention from reporters. He came to Las Vegas to see his friend and take advantage of this so-called break away from the office. Las Vegas should be the last place he should be according to his written reputation.

One shot of him and cameras would line up. More gossip would come from it all, and questions will form. His parents might have another chance to chastise him for coming to a city that stays awake twenty-four seven. It would just make everything worse for him on his end if the news got out.