Chapter Nine - Trust

"I can't believe the bakery is getting shut down and we have to find employment elsewhere? This is a lot." Cassia, one of Kira's employees, voiced her concern as Kira continued packing up the little things in the shop.

She had already packed up the sweet desserts and froze up some until she figured out how to give them away.

"I found you and Adam other jobs. Work with me, Cassia. This shop will be better than ever."

Cassia didn't look convinced about not only her boss but her friend. Kira could read her facial expression and Cassia felt that Kira was making a mistake by accepting Giovanni's offer.

"I'm just worried that this will blow up in your face, Kira. I mean come on." She waved around the bakery. "This is too good to be true."

Adam stood to the side, watching them with careful eyes. Kira understood Cassia's worry but she had good faith that things will work out. She had already talked with Giovanni and went over the contract with his lawyer. The dinner they had one night was to do a family breakdown and how each member and friend acts. She trusted his word and believed that he wouldn't break it.

"All I am asking for, Cassia, is your trust and faith that this is a great opportunity. Everything will go well with the bakery." Kira promised with a smile.

Cassia sighed and knew that Kira should be trusted. She never gave her any doubt to not believe in what she thought was right. Cassia walked to Kira and hugged her tight. A few seconds into the hug, another pair of arms wrapped around them and they chuckled when Adam included himself in the living action.

"We all think this will go well," Adam spoke up with much trust in me. Kira smiled that her friends were understanding with it all. There was only one person she had left to talk to and she had doubts that he would believe this would turn everything around but she had hope.

The three pulled away from each other and talked until the shop was all packed up. Kira was the last one to stand in the center of the bakery.

Kira looked over her mother's bakery once more, a sad feeling overcoming her. Sighing, she turned over the close sign with the addition of bold letters 'Under Reconstruction' and walked away from a piece of her heart.

Kira walked inside the first place that was her home. Pulling the key out of the lock, she closed the door behind her and reached for the switch to create some light. She placed her coat upon the hanging rack. "Dad?" She called out, walking further into the house.

On the way over here to the house, Kira had found a way to tell her father about everything that was exchanged between her and Giovanni. Kira was going to tell the truth and could only hope that the upcoming conversation will go as smoothly as possible. She called out to him again and heard the click of the light switch. Heavy footsteps filled her ears and she smiled up at her father.

She was still hesitant in telling him that his only child will be getting married and moving to Phoenix within the next couple of weeks.

"Kira," He looked over to her and took note of how hesitant she seemed.

Kira motioned with her hand towards the living area. They walked inside and found a spot on the couch. She cleared her throat, prepared for any reaction she was to get when she confessed what she would be expected to do

"Remember that I told you I have figured out a way to save the bakery with some help?"

He nods. "Yes." He answers. "Some guy offered you his help and that was all you knew."

Inhaling a deep breath, she grabbed hold of his hand to show that everything that she was about to say was serious.

"I'm closing down the bakery for a while."