Chapter Fourteen - Next Step

"I wish I was going to Jamaica." Robyn pouted, causing Kira to give a short laugh.

"I'll make sure to give you a souvenir." She smiles, placing the last of what she needed inside the large suitcase.

She had just enough for two weeks in Jamaica. Giovanni hadn't specified how long they were going to stay there but Kira was packing extra just in case. She was excited to go to the fascinating country in the Caribbean. The blue water and the feeling of sand would be a new experience since she's never been to a beach before.

"So, what is happening tonight?"

Kira's brows crashed together while looking at her friend in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"I mean what's going to happen with you and Giovanni now that you guys are married."

"Continue to stick with the plan."

"Will you guys consummate-"

"What?" Kira cut her friend off abruptly.

Robyn snickered. "Are you going to have a splendid wedding night with your new husband?"

Kira swallowed. Just the thought of doing that sent chills up her back. Though it was normal and part of a tradition in most cases, Kira was not going to do that with Giovanni. It wasn't in the contract and she was sure that they would be fine without it and continue with participating in their roles of playing husband and wife.

"No." She zipped up her suitcase. "We are not doing that."

She heard Robyn hum. "So you two are going to do other things then?"

Shaking her head, Kira bit the inside of her lip. "No. Nothing."

"Won't it feel weird?"

"No, now, can we change the subject to something else."

"Alright," Robyn sat down on the bed. "I saw a familiar woman talking to your husband."

"Familiar woman?" One of Kira's brows arched.

"Yes. Some kind of model. She was in an exotic red gown, hair straight, and clear mocha skin. By the looks of it, Giovanni didn't look pleased about her presence."

"Nosy, aren't you?"

"I wouldn't call it being nosy. More like taking an interest in a certain sculpture by them."

A good excuse. There were sculptures all over the hall of the wedding ceremony. Kira's mind was curious now. Who was the woman Robyn saw Giovanni with? She figured she could ask him but she feared she'd come off as a 'clingy' person. Should she care who it was he was talking to? Is it normal to feel a little jittery at the thought of him being around another woman that might not have been family?

Maybe she was overthinking it all together.

"So, you and Anthony." Kira changed the subject, forcing her to worry deep within her.

Robyn scoffed. "What about me and Anthony?"

Kira smiled, tease-like. "The dance. What happened after he asked you to dance?"

"Something I expected from a guy like him. Some men can be too confident in their tiring pickup lines. Thinking he can charm me." She blew out air. "Showed him otherwise."

Kira chuckled, imagining what her wild friend was saying to Giovanni's friend. She met Anthony before the wedding and he was indeed a confident person. Cocky but he was a gentleman at most times. Well, that's what Kira believed whenever she was around him but Robyn seemed to picture him the opposite.