Chapter Twenty-Eight - Confessions & Explanations

It was Saturday and many people showed up at The Browns Corporation building to hear about the company's future. Giovanni sat at the rounded table with his family and from afar, he could see Leah amongst the crowd with a proud look on her face.

But she had another thing coming once it came time to make the speech of having such a strong man as a father.

It was perfect because of the many eyes that were going to be witness to it all. The cameras that were all over the room were going to see who Giovanni is and he was going to make sure of that. The first step was taking care of this little lie Leah has spread.

Daniel, Giovanni's father, opened with a warm greeting and went into details on how this company thrived within the generations and the support that was shown by all of them.

"Giovanni, my son." Daniel motioned over to him, waving him to come up.

Giovanni walked across the stage and stood beside his father.

"My son is a good man. I know all of you have heard about his reputation at a time but now all that has changed. I've seen a big change in my son these past months. I want to thank the woman that has helped him get past his doubts and helped him love again. I am glad to have another daughter and will always support the relationship. Giovanni has proved himself to be the next best thing that this company needs which is why I am sitting down and passing everything on to him. He will be a great CEO."

Giovanni looked at his father in surprise but before he could say anything, Daniel continued.

"Leah Summers is a liar, a deceiver, and will ruin something as good as a healthy marriage."

Murmurs went through the crowds as everyone looked over at Leah who flushed red at an instant.

"She wrongfully told everyone that she was having my son's child when he had nothing to do with her. There is proof that she took advantage of his kindness and will be faced with the same consequences with the two men that bid her dirty work."

"How dare you embarrass me!" Leah stood from her seat, glaring over at Giovanni with so much anger. "He's faking his marriage with Kira! They are fooling all of you. They aren't married!" She pointed her finger.

The murmurs amongst people grew as they tried to figure out what was going on. Suddenly, Joshua entered along with a policeman and a paper in his hand.

"This paper here states that Kira Sanders and Giovanni Brown are both legally and happily married. If I were you, Miss Summers, I would stop while I am ahead. You did not win."

Leah protested as the guard pulled her out of the event with swiftness. Left stunned, Giovanni turned to face his father. Just by the look on his face, he could see that his father knew. He knew everything and he didn't seem the slightest bit upset.

"Dad-"

"I'm sure there is a plane leaving to Las Vegas within the hour if I'm not mistaken."

"You're not mad?"

His smile only grew. "Why would I be mad? You found happiness, Giovanni. I know I've been tough but it was only for the best. Seems like it worked because you wouldn't have met Kira."

Shaking his father's hand, Giovanni gave a sincere look. "Thank you."

"Go get her son." Daniel smiled, supporting Giovanni.

Giovanni briefly glanced over at the table his mother and sister sat at and they both had a supporting look on their faces. Without waiting any longer, Giovanni walked off the stage and made his way past everyone. He was running to get to his car. Running to get to the airport.