Chapter Twenty-One - Trust & Plots

Giovanni pulled up along the curb where the valet stood, waiting politely. Kira inhaled sharply when her eyes came in contact with the beautiful restaurant.

If it looked as beautiful as it did on the outside, she was sure it was twice luxurious on the inside. The valet opened her door, helping her out of the car. Giovanni handed the keys over before taking Kira's right hand and placing it upon his arm.

"What kind of restaurant is this?"

He smiled still looking straight ahead. "You will see."

Kira didn't respond. She walked alongside Giovanni, making their way up the steps. He held the door open for her, letting her go in first.

Kira's eyes widen. She was right about it being twice luxurious. Classical music was being played while people conversed with one another. The chandelier above sparkled like a thousand stars and the food smelled delicious.

"Mr. Brown," Someone called out, grasping her attention as well.

A tall man in a white dress shirt and pants walked up to them, holding out his hand. Giovanni smiled kindly, shaking the man's hand.

"Good to see you, Leo."

Leo's eyes moved over to Kira. "Ah, this must be your wife. She is exquisite." The Italian accent was strong, especially when it came to him speaking in his native language.

Heat crawled up her neck. She didn't know why it made her so happy to be labeled as Giovanni's wife. Her thoughts were beyond the contract and she liked the sound of it.

"Kira," She held out her hand to shake.

Leo smiles, taking hold of her hand and shaking it.

"Nice to finally meet you, Kira." Leo looks back at Giovanni. "Your table is ready on the terrace."

"Terrace?" Kira asked curiously.

"Yes, we're ready."

They followed Leo, passing other tables. Kira observed the people in the restaurant and could tell that they all had to have some kind of a good job. Women wearing expensive jewelry and elegant dresses while the men wear out their most expensive suits, shirts, and watches.

The further they went inside, the fewer people that were around. Leo stops at a wooden door, grabbing the handle and pushing it open, revealing a set table for two. Kira stepped forward first, amazed. She was in awe of not just the setup but the incredible view of Phoenix at night. The city lights twinkled beside each other.

"I will give you a moment," Leo tells Giovanni.

"Thanks, Leo." He responds, not taking his eyes off of Kira.

He was loving the reaction. The feeling of being nervous completely left him, boosting his confidence.

"Do you like it?"

Kira stared a few seconds longer before turning to face him happily. "I love it."

Her smile slipped slightly due to the way he stared at her. His eyes were intense, filled with wonder. It made her nervous all over again causing her to look away first.

"What made you bring me here specifically?" She asked, in hopes to ease her nerves.

"I remember you telling me that Italian food was your favorite."

Her smile grew. "It is."

He walked closer, pulling out her chair. After getting her situated, walked around the table to take his seat across from her.

A light breeze passed through, Kira inhaling with a smile as her eyes strayed back over to the city.

"This is beautiful."