Chapter Twelve - It's Happening

"Here's the listing of available venues for next month. Mr. Brown had mentioned that this was a big wedding, yes?" Paula Everton, a wedding planner. Giovanni told Kira that the woman came highly recommended and Kira can see why.

She has the listings of all venues, florists, and bridal stores in Phoenix. Here They were discussing these things at the table while Giovanni was off writing down a list for invites. Paula was on top of it but the more they planned out this wedding, the more overwhelming it got for Kira entirely.

"Yes, he was correct."

"There are some open slots at selected bridal stores. You'll have to pick a time that works best for you so we can get you fitted. Mr. Brown also mentioned the wedding is happening in less than two weeks. Short timing but it can be done with my connections." She spread the papers across the table they sat at.

She looked over them, looking for a store to start. She only managed to look over one magazine when she placed another on top of it.

"These are choices of flowers. If I were you, I would choose lilies." She smiled and the more she went on, the more Kira started to blank out. It was all beginning to become too much for her right now.

Inhaling deeply, she spoke up quickly. "Would you excuse me?" She didn't even let her respond. Kira stood from the chair she sat in and walked out of the dining room.

Kira quickly made her way to the back of the house and walked outside for air. The invisible walls that surrounded her slowly crumbled while she closed her eyes and took in some breaths. Shaky they were but she was breathing as best she could. Everything was just becoming too much at once and she didn't think it would be at first.

She wondered how Giovanni was doing. Maybe things were easy since she knew that he was familiar with it all given that he was once engaged.

It was all a lot but she knew deep down she was going to have to push through it. The bakery depends on it.

Kira took the next couple of minutes to herself because she knew as soon as she re-enters that house, she will have to step up and push through this planning. It was a lot of planning to be done. Especially in such a short time.

Just thinking of the timing, she wondered how her father was doing. She felt that he was still upset about her decision but as she told him, she didn't have much of a choice other than this. If they delayed any longer, the bakery could be completely gone and sold to another person that was looking for a building for any type of business. Kira made a choice and did not regret it.

A year passes by quickly. Especially if Giovanni and Kira are caught up in their work. With that, she will have to find some kind of work while she was here.

"Kira?"

She turned to find Giovanni standing a few feet behind her. She was so caught in her thoughts that she didn't even hear him come out here. "Hey," She smiled.

"What are you doing out here?"

"I just needed some air." She admits.

He looks beyond her at the view of nature and the city that was far but visible. She watched him pull his phone out, looking down at the screen for a moment before his eyes lifted and met hers. "Take a walk with me."

One of Kira's brows arches out of habit. "Where?"

He said nothing. He just motioned his hand for her to step forward. She walked over to him and he grabbed her hand, pulling her with him in the direction away from the house. Kira felt her heart skip a beat at the sudden contact between them. It wasn't a regular, skin-to-skin contact.