Chapter Seventeen - Eyes Say Everything

Newlyweds look happy weeks after their ceremony and the return of their honeymoon. The couple seems to be doing well as of now but you never know. The young and soon-to-be CEO has a lot of problems with commitment.

Kira exited out the tab on her phone. She was curious in the beginning. There was already news about them. Just as Giovanni had told her.

It was early evening when Kira grew tempted to look on the media about what others were saying about them. Of course, there was a mixture of positive and negative people but mostly positive.

It's only been a few weeks and with all of these comments about her, she was surprised that she didn't feel much about the negative ones.

Exiting out of the tab, she then typed in jobs. Sitting in the house was no longer going to do. She wanted to be more productive and though she didn't mind helping out the people around here, she preferred to do something outside of it all. Preferably in baking.

Smiling to herself as she searched, she didn't hear Giovanni enter the living room.

Pausing in his steps, he watched as she typed along the screen. Studying her, he noticed the light dimple she had on the left side of her face and the little excitement that sparkled in her eyes.

"Kira?"

Lifting her head, Kira turned to him. "Good morning."

"Morning," he walks closer. "What has you so happy this morning?"

"I've decided to look for a job around here."

He frowns slightly. "Why?"

She didn't need one in his opinion. As he told her, he could take care of her and she could depend on him. But it was clear that she has other plans.

"I can't sit around here all day and pretend to do wifely duties such as do laundry, cook, and clean. I need to do something to keep me productive."

"If this is about the money—"

"I can assure you that it's not. I'm doing this because I want to."

He stared at her for what seemed to be hours. This look she gave him made it difficult for him and she meant what she said. Sighing, he caved.

"Alright."

She smiled and jumped with excitement. "Great."

"I can make a few calls and—"

"No, I want to try to do this."

"You like your independence."

"Strongly."

"I can get those papers drawn up for you."

Being back in the working style was normal for Giovanni. He was glad that his father had finally allowed him to continue on his dream path.

As soon as his client was gone, he was glad to have a quick break. That was until his phone decided to make a big ring. Looking down at the screen, he saw a long number, and assuming that it was just another client, he answered.

"Brown Enterprises, Giovanni Brown speaking."

"Hello, Gio."

His professionalism was gone, anger taking its place.

"What do you want now, Leah?"

"Is this how you talk to all of your clients? It's kind of rude and unprofessional."

"If it's you, it's a different story. What do you want?"

Sighing, he heard things tussling together on the other end.

"I'm moving and I'm looking for another house."

"Look, Leah-"

"I'm not trying to cause any problems. I'm really in need of a new home and you're the best. Please."

Sighing loudly, he knew he was going to regret this but this would possibly keep her out of his life if he did this one good deed for her.

"Alright.

A light knock sounded on Giovanni's office before the door opened. Kira revealed herself and saw the scattered papers on his desk.

"Have you been in here the entire time?" She asked him.

It was reaching dinner time and after applying to mostly all the bakeries there is near here, she kept herself busy by starting on her mini garden outback. Of course, Giovanni didn't mind. This was also her home.

For the time being.

Until the arrangement was over.

"I'm close to closing on some of these homes."

Kira looked at him closely and she could see that something was bothering him.

"Do you need any help?"

Smirking, Giovanni shook his head. "No, but it would be appreciated. I'm almost done."

Curiously, Kira walked over to his desk. Watching silently, Giovanni saw her wondering eyes.

"How many clients do you have a day?"

She questioned, stopping right next to his chair. Close. She was close to him and he was unsure if she meant to be or not. Instead of focusing on that, he focused on her question.

"Between ten or fourteen."

Her eyes widen slightly. "Isn't that a lot for just one day?"

He shrugs. "I'm a quick worker and I work with each client based on where they are at. I never take on more than I can handle though."

Leaning over his desk, her hand reached out to grab a piece of paper when it backtracked quickly. Her eyes meeting his, apologetic.

"I'm sorry. I'm a curious person."

He didn't respond just yet. He looked over her soft facial features. Noticing the little details that made her look beautiful.

He leaned forward and Kira instantly tensed up.

She took in the way he was looking at her.

Intense.

And he was leaning closer to her.

Was he...going to...?

He was only mere inches from her face when his phone played a loud ringtone, interrupting what could have led to an awkward conversation.

Clearing her throat, Kira backed away slowly. "I will leave you to it. Dinner should be ready soon."

"Alright." He responds simply, watching her.

Kira tried her best to not walk out in a rush. She wanted to make it seem that he didn't just cause a little intense storm inside her.

She took in a couple of breaths, relieved that she made it out, and closed the door behind her.

Giovanni was going to kiss her.

Heat rushed up Kira's neck to her cheeks. He was looking at her so differently that she didn't even know how to feel.

His eyes seemed darker and hazy. His focus was on her face and her lips. The way he was leaning closer to her.

Oh no.

Her mind instantly went back to who he was. A womanizer and an expert in seduction.

This was an arrangement. That's what she continues to tell herself. She can't cross that line with him. It would cause nothing but problems in the end.

Right?

Sighing, Kira made her way back to her room. Her mind reeling about the outcomes that can be terrible.

But, would kissing Giovanni truly be so bad?