Chapter forty eight

A few days later. Harry's POV
I try to fake a big smile in front of the mirror. I try to smile as wide as I can in hope that a real one will stick to my face. It doesn't. My outfit seems really boring as I stare at my reflection. Black pants. White shirt. Wish I had reason to dress up nice, but I don't. I'm eighteen today. My family and my three friends are having a party for me. I want to be happy. I want to laugh and pack up my presents. I feel bad for being sad and moody. My mom has been so nice. She has been baking cakes and making food all day long. Gemma and Robin have both tried to make me happy but it doesn't work. I just want him to be here.

I look down at my phone on the nightstand as it vibrates. I run over to check it. A text from Louis.

"Happy birthday to the most important person in my life. Without you I would be nothing. So sorry I couldn't be there, but I promise to win for you. Love you forever, Lou<3"

I reply with a single heart and throw the phone away. I hear the loud sound as it hits the wall on the other side of the room. My knees just give up holding my body causing me to fall down on them. I pull my hair back with a groan. This is so hard. He's so far away from me. I'm going crazy.

"Harry the guests are here!" Mom yells from downstairs. I take an other look in the mirror and frown at myself.

"Ugly idiot." I groan at my reflection in the mirror and leave the room. I can hear Niall's loud laugh as I walk down the stairs. When they all see me they smile wide and walk towards me. Liam, Niall and Zayn rap there arms around me, keeping me in the middle. I just stand there awkwardly without moving.

"Happy birthday, Harold!" Liam says happy as they pull away. I fix my messy hair and give him a fake smile.

"Thank you." I shrug. Zayn pat my shoulder and look at me worried. I give him my I'll explain later eyes.

"Well, the food is on the table." Mom says and clap her hands together. "Let's eat!"

Everyone except for me walk into the kitchen. I stand completely still, watching my family walking away from me. I just can't get it out of my mind that there is a very important person missing.

A few hours later.

I laugh when I've unwrapped Gemma's present. "A beer?"

"Yeah. You're eighteen!" she smiles and take a sip of her drink.

"Thank you." I giggle and shake my head. I'm about to thank everyone when mom stands up and place a card in my lap. She smiles playful and sit down again. I shake my head again and open the card. My eyebrows wrinkles as I read the words. I recognize them, but I don't understand why she have written them.

"Why did you write that?" I ask and swallow to keep the tears back. Mom's face fills up with guilt as she sees my reaction.

"What is it, Harry?" Zayn asks and move closer to me. "What did it say?" he looks down at the card from beside me.

"Watch it freak." Niall reads out loud from the other side of me. My three friends all look up at my mom just as confused as me.

"Why did you write that?!" I ask again, raising my voice. She opens her mouth, not knowing what to say.

"It's only the first part of your present." Gemma says, interrupting mom. I look over at her confused. "The next part is in the kitchen."