Chapter nineteen

Louis POV

I still remember the feeling in my chest when dad died. I remember the way my lungs screamed for air when the doctors told me that he wouldn't make it. I remember the way I yelled at them and told them that they needed to try, they needed to save him. This feeling is so much worse. I tried to yell that Harry needed to watch out. When my father died, I knew deep down that there was nothing I could have done to save him. This time, everything is my fault. There is nothing anyone can say or tell me that will make me believe that I'm not guilty. If I had told the truth to Stan, Harry wouldn't have ran away from me. He wouldn't have crossed the street and the truck wouldn't have hit him. He would still be awake. I ran as fast as I could. His head hit the ground so hard. There was blood everywhere. He had a deep cut in his head and there was blood pouring out off his nose, mouth and ears. I sat down beside him and lifted him up in my lap. I tried to talk to him. I told him that he needed to keep his eyes open. He needed to stay awake. I saw that he tried. He's so strong, but even the strong people get tired. I started yelling when he closed his eyes. Someone called the ambulance. I kept him close and told him that the ambulance was on their way and that everything would be fine. The ambulance showed up only minutes later. They took Harry away from me. They told me that he was still breathing and that was when I could finally breathe again. I came with them. Even thought they told me that he probably couldn't hear me, I kept whispering that everything would be fine. We would be fine.

At the hospital

I've been sitting in this chair for a few minutes now. It feels like many hours. I stare at the clock on the wall in hope that the time will go faster. They wouldn't let me come inside the surgery room. I know they called his parents. Bet they will be here soon. His sister will probably be here too. I'm not ready. I shouldn't be here. If Harry was awake he would have told me to leave. Everything is my fault. I could have stopped him from running over the street. My clothes are covered in blood. Harry's blood. My cast is all red and Harry's art on it is starting to fade out.

"Harry! Harry!" I hear a woman yell.

It's Harry's mom. I remember her from the time I went to see Harry and she gave me his number. They are so alike. They are both beautiful. She was so nice to me even thought she didn't know me. I remember thinking that she looked so happy. Now she looks terrified. Gemma is running behind her. A man, which I asume is Harry's stepdad Robin, runs after them.

I stand up. They all stop when they reach me. They all look terrified at my clothes. Gemma walk closer to me. Shit I know where this is going.

"You stupid idiot!" she yells and slap me across the face. "I hate you! It's all your fault!"

Robin grab her and pull her into his chest. I rub my cheek. 

"What happend?" Anne cry.

"I-I" Shit. I can't do this. 

I fall onto my knees. All the tears I have been holding back is pouring out off my eyes. I feel two warm arms wrap around me. Anne's arms is almost as comforting as Harry's.

"I'm so sorry. I could have stopped him. He ran out on the road. I tried to yell." I cry into her chest.

"My boy is strong. He will make it. I know he will." she says. Her voice crack in the end and I can tell that she is more hoping he will than she knows.

"You are the guy who asked for Harry's number that time." she says when I lift my face from her chest. "Louis or something."

I nod. "That's me."

"Harry really likes you." she smile. "He never leave anywhere without his friends. I asume you were the one he went to this party with."

She's right. Harry really likes me. And fuck I like him too. More than I have ever liked anyone. I think about him all the time. I should have told him when he told me. When he told me that he was in love with me, I should have told him. I know for sure now that I'm in love with him. I'm crazy in love with Harry Styles.