Chapter thrity six

I'm really grateful for my new headphones as I walk into that long and loud hallway. I'm grateful for my hood as well. I've dragged it forward so it's hard for people to see my face. And hard for me to see their reaction. I bet everyone is talking about me. They have probably all heard about what happened at that party. I don't bother to stop by my locker. I take my phone out off my pocket and turn the volume up. It's a noisy song that I don't know the lyrics or the name of, but it keeps all the sounds out. It actually takes away so much sounds that I almost fall in surprise when a hand touch my shoulder. I turn around to check who it is but immediately turn back and walk faster down the hall when I see who it is. I pull my hood further down when I feel the tears that fills my eyes. I try to swallow down the big lump in my throat and head for my first class. I won't cry. Not here. I'll stay strong the whole day, and then when I come home I can allow myself to cry loud into my pillow. That's how stuff works now.

The class went by so slow. It felt like I've been sitting on my chair for hours when the bell finally rang. I sat in the back, like usual, with my hood still covering most of my face. I ignored the way many girls were staring at me and whispering things to each other. I heard the word "gay" being used a couple of times. The class is empty when I stand up. It's only me and the teacher. I grab my backpack as quiet as I can. She's focused on something on her computer and it seems like she don't realize that I'm here.

"Welcome back, Louis."she says with her calm voice when I'm about to walk out off the room. She lifts her eyes from her screen and look at me. "Please have a seat." she points at the place in front of her. I huff a little but drag a chair in front of her desk and sit down.

"So Louis, how are you feeling?" she asks with her curious eyes focused on me.

"Great." I lie and look away from her. I place my eyes on the window. I can hear the way she leans forward in her seat.

"You know, your mom told me the opposite. She told me that you have been having a hard time recently.Is there anything you want to talk about?" her voice is so kind. It's so soft. I turn my head back to look at her. She's young and very beautiful. Her smile is big and her dimples is so deep. They remind me of Harry. Her hair reminds me of him as well. Long curls. Her's are more blond.

"Louis?" she waves her hand in front of my face with that little smile still stuck on her lips.

"Sorry." I shrug. "No. No, there is nothing I want to talk about." I say fast.

"Okay" she smiles. "Just let me know if there is anything, okay?" I nod and take that as a permission to leave.

"Oh , and Louis?" she says and stand up as well. "Coach Davis asked me to tell you that he really wants you to come to practice today. After school on the path."

"I don't know" I mumble. She walks closer to me and lay her hand on my shoulder. I look down at it and back to her face. She squeeze it a little without removing her eyes from mine.

"I think you should do it. He told me that you are really talented. Don't throw away your talent, Louis."

Her eyes fall down to my lips. I try to not look confused, but she's making it really hard for me. What the fuck is she doing? I step back and grab my backpack from the floor.

"Uh....Thank...you." I stutter and walk out off the room. I almost trip. My feet just feels so weak. They are so tired. This is going to be a long day.

I'm so stuck inside my own head, that I don't see the person walking towards me. Our bodies collides causing a weak pain to appear in my chest. It gets harder to breathe and I almost fall backwards, but the person grabs my hand. I push my hood off with my free hand to see who it is. It's that boy with the red hair. Ed. That one from the football team. He smiles and pull me onto my feet again with his strong arms.