Chapter seventeen

The days went by fast until friday. I was nervous as hell when I stepped onto the path. It didn't help me that many of the guys were staring at me with anger in their eyes. I don't blame them. Half of them I've been in fights with or slept with their girlfriends.

"I have to say Louis, you are a really talented player. You will definitely have a place on the path when you take off that cast" coach says and lay his hand on my shoulder as we walk into the locker room.

"Thank you coach." I smile and shake his hand.

The room turns quiet when coach leaves. Everybody is staring at me. 

"Don't think that just because you have stopped hanging with your "badass" friends, that you are a part off this team." one off the guys says and stand up.

"Look I don't want any problem. You don't have to like me. I'm just here to play football." I raise my hands in the air to prove my point.

"That's right. We don't have to like you. And guess what? I couldn't have liked you if I tried!" the same guy snap and walk closer to me. 

"Take it easy man." One of the other guys grap his arm from behind and pull him away from me.

"You better help us win some games or I'll beat the shit out of you, I swear!" the guy yells and storm out of the room. 

I don't recognise him. I probably slept with his girlfriend. If I had been in a fight with him, I would have remember.

"Moody isn't he?" a guy from beside me laughs.

I turn around to look at him. His red hair is a mess on his head and his blue eyes are filled with kindness.

"I'm Ed." he says.

"I'm Louis."

"Yeah I know. Everyone was kinda talking about you before you came in." he laughs. "One practice and you are already famous."

"Not in the good way." I mumble.

"So what is your history with George?" he ask and take off his shoes.

I look at him with a confused look.

"George. The guy who just yelled at you. What is your story?" he explains

"Oh. Um I don't know. Everybody hates me at this school"

"Why?" he ask.

"Are you new here or something?" I laugh. He definitely are if he don't know why everybody hates me.

"Yeah I am actually." he nod

"Oh. That explains it."

"Well Louis. You are a good player. Don't let George scare you away, we need you." he smiles.

"I won't." I laugh.

This Ed guy is right. I am a good player and I should be using my talent. I'm not going to let anyone take football away from me. Not again.

"Hey Tomlinson!" a guy in the other end of the room yells.

"Yeah?"

"Party at my place tonight. You should come since you are a part off the team now." he says.

"Sure." I shrug.

"Bring whoever you want, just not those emo guys." he laugh.

"Trust me I won't. If I did they wouldn't come, they are more into strip clubs and weed " I smile causing everyone to laugh.

"I'll text you the address on facebook." he walk over to me.

"Welcome to the team man" he smiles and shake my hand.