Chapter twenty one

A week later

"Louis, I really think you should go to school today."

"Not happening." I groan and pull the duvet closer to me.

It's friday and a week since the accident. Harry have been in a coma for a week now. I've been visiting him everyday. I haven't showered in three days. I haven't brushed my teeth in five days. And I haven't smiled in a week. Everyday gets more and more painful. Yesterday I couldn't take it anymore. I went to a bar and got wasted. I drunk called my mom and cried over the phone. She came and picked me up. Even if I was too drunk to stand, I could see that she was disappointed. I was doing so great, but the pain took over.

"Come on honey." she says and sit down on the edge of the bed.

"Forget it mom. I'm not going." I snap and turn my back against her.

She stands up again. "If Harry were awake he would have told you to go to school." she whisper and leave the room.

She's right. I know Harry would have told me to go to school. The difference between my mom and Harry is that Harry wouldn't have to force me. If Harry were awake he would have been together with me. Liam, Niall and Zayn started on school on wednesday. They have been telling me to join them. I know they will be there for me, it's just Harry is not there. I know I won't be alone, but I'll be lost. Harry won't be there to take care of me. He won't hold my hand under the lunch table. He won't blush like a fool when I catch him staring. He won't smile when I mess with Niall. He won't roll his eyes when me and Liam argue. And he won't whisper that he's proud of me when I tell him that I finally feel like I have real friends. He won't be there.

A few hours later

I feel like I can see Harry sitting beside me on the bench. His curly long hair is blowing in the wind. He push it behind his ear and turn his face around to look at me. His eyes are filled with joy and his smile is huge. I reach out to touch his dimples. He dissapear. The vision of him blow out in the wind.

"Harry." I whisper and look around for him. The park is more quiet than it have ever been. There is no people here. They are all at work or at school I guess.

A tear slide down my cheak. I wipe it away. I've been crying so much this past days that I think my body is almost empty of tears. The sound of steps coming closer breaks me out of my head.

"Hey." I say when I turn around and see that Gemma is standing behind me.

"Hey." She mumble and sit down beside me.

"Why are you here?" she ask without looking at me.

"I always come here when I have alot on my mind." I pull the beanie on my head down. The cold wind is blowing between the trees causing a beautiful sound. It's been over a month since I met Harry. It was august then. Now the summer have turned into autumn

"You look like a mess Louis." she says. I turn my head and meet her eyes. I know I look like a mess. I haven't been able to sleep much this week.

"When was the last time you showered?"

"Monday." I mumble.

"Four days ago? This isn't healty." she shake her head.

"I'm sorry that being smelly is my biggest problem right now!" I snap and look away. How can everybody be so calm about this situation? Harry is in coma. Am I the only one who really understand what that means? He might not wake up. I might not be able to hear his beautiful voice again.

"Look, I understand that you are scared and frustrated. We all are." she move closer to me and grab my hand. I turn around to look at her again. "But this isn't healty! You can't keep doing this."