Overlord- The Yellow Clan

A Dewott dove head-first in the air. Black tinted windows whizzed by. He kept himself steady. His eyes squinted to protect from the wind whipping at his face, and from the orange sunset attacking his eyes. He let out an unhappy grunt and put a finger to his ear.

"Nick?" Dewott asked. "Where are you?"

"They forgot the sauce. It's not a fiiiive dollah fill up without the sauce."

"Bro. I'm like, not that far from dying. I already jumped off."

"Oh. Really?"

"Yes! You said you'd be here!"

"Hold up. I can make it. With sauce."

"Dude," Dewott yelled, "if you don't make it, I get hurt bad."

"C'mon, I'm not that lazy."

The plaza below was fast approaching. Dewott braced to take a few broken bones. A blue blur swooped below him.

Despite being caught and in the air, Dewott just sighed again. The Latios below him carried two white bags that were stuck back from the force of the wind.

"Nick," Dewott said, "really?"

"Fiiiive dollah fill up with finger licking good sauce. A bucket o' tenders with a siiide of crispy, buttery biscuits."

Dewott put his finger to his ear again.

"Patrol's over, you two," a voice said. "We've got a new assignment."

"I thought we needed someone to check that street," Dewott said.

"I'm almost done. Those princes are mad. They want us to protect the Lodestar."

"Should I save her a five dollah fill up?" Nick asked.

"Nick, I... Don't ask me questions I don't know how to reply to. Seb, are you there?"

"What's happening?" another voice asked. "Nick's bringing back some buckets of chicken?"

"Seb, Adam, you two bring her to base when she wakes up. Anne and the rest of us are gonna talk strategy."

"Why not me?" a third voice asked.

"Shut up, Allen," the first voice said.

Nick chuckled to himself.

________________________________________________________________________________

Furret Abigail rested back in her bed. When her eyes cracked open to a small buzz of a conversation in her ears.

Blankets were tucked tightly around the length of her body. She didn't feel great, but relief came from waking up in her own room. The night sky streamed in through her curtains, but gentle light came from overhead, blocked by the pale white curtains around her bed.

Abigail slowly unwound the snug covers from around herself. She crawled up and out of the blankets and pushed the curtains aside

Two pokemon face in her direction on either side of the doorway. A Dewott with a yellow scarf made eye contact with her. Parallel to him was a Swampert with a matching yellow scarf. The air around them warmed her chest.

"Eyooooo," Swampert said.

"Hello, miss Lodestar," Dewott said. "I'm Adam. And this is Seb."

"Uh, hi," Abigail said. "Who? Uh, sorry."

"Oh, we're, uh, Yellow Clan," Adam said. "We're, uh, going to be your bodyguards... and uh, backup. Sooo... Yeah."

"Where's Zen and Aaron?"