Overlord- Valor's Heartbeat

Concerts and parties in Valor were some of the wildest in the world. Socializing acted as a centerpiece of culture, but not quite Furret Abigail's.

Luckily, all the civilians ran away from the scene of the robbery before she got there, so there weren't any videos online showing her beating herself up. It also meant less people knew that her fur had changed color to gold for some reason, although the rumors around it seem to grow online.

In her room at Helen's, Abigail observed her tail as she held it in her arms. The golden rings that replaced her dark brown fur hadn't dimmed. In Valor, dye was common, but it'd be tiring to lie over and over to anyone who asked. Concerts weren't formal, so Abigail figured she could at least dodge the question and lie well enough for that.

The concert they chose and messaged her about looked big; enough to use a whole shopping mall with two floors. Raised hallways let anyone on the second view the action on the first. She imagined the princes had some sort of security in place to deal with the crowds.

They were going to pick Abigail up and head there, so she focused on looking and feeling good before they came.

At around eight, a knock came on the door of her home. With her cape already on, Abigail slid down the ramp and got to the door before Bellossom Helen could even stand up from the couch.

Abigail smiled as she answered the door. Buizel Zen, shiny Zorua Aaron, and Quilava Gawain were already returning it. Their fur looked sharper and groomed. Gawain stood a bit further back from the door, letting Zen and Aaron take center stage.

"Charmed, I'm sure," Aaron said.

"Hey," Zen greeted, "you ready?"

"Yah," Abigail said, "uhm, how are we going there?"

"We're just walking," said Aaron.

"Oh, alright."

Abigail's unvoiced questions were answered when she walked out and closed the door behind her. A short line of guards stood on either side wearing scarves with the banners. On the right, a Blastoise, Tyranitar, and Garchomp stood idle, on the left, a Stoutland, Darmanitan, and Electivire. Abigail resisted looking at them, but her eyes gave away her surprise.

The guards formed a square around them as they walked. Even though Zen and Aaron looked cleaner, they pushed and shoved each other around and continued their antics while Gawain stayed quiet.

As they went further into the city, Abigail lifted her hood and walked on all four limbs. The flashes from pictures from the rooftops and sidelines as they went were bothering her eyes and giving her a useless adrenaline rush.

The amount of pokemon around them grew exponentially. The stress set into Abigail's shaking paws as the guards had to push a few pokemon with cameras away. From what she could tell, she was the only one out of them that even noticed. The princes didn't even glance when the guards raised their voices.

Buizel Zen in particular seemed very loose. His stride was slow and calm, and he talked to random pokemon like he knew them. Abigail would believe it if he said so.

She caught herself staring at him too late.

"Hey," Zen said, "Abigail?"

"I'm good," Abigail said.

"Uh, we can take a break." Zen glanced up at the building signs. He pointed towards one. "Let's head inside," he said. "In this shop here."

Zen, Aaron, and Gawain all came close to her. Abigail trudged with their guidance to the side of the street. The guards formed a wall around the quaint wooden door of a small shop.