Guildmaster- White Star

Wind blew inland from the ocean as the sky yellowed. Dancing palm trees sprouted up from pure white sand as wind blew past towards a wall of green bushes and more trees behind it.

When the sun started to set, a white cruise ship pulled out from the beach back to the ocean, leaving Flareon Light behind. The wind made him move a little further inland. The tips of his fingers and toes got cold on the sand. To keep warm, he decided to walk along the edge of the gentle, swaying waves.

He tugged against pressure on his forehead, only to remember that he put on a sleek white headband with a camera.

Slowking Chad set up dozens of cameras around in the trees and growth. Light tried looking for them, but only managed to spot two or three. The signal flares stuck up out of the white sand in a circle where Light walked over to wait. He sat in the center of the circle with his gray tail almost making him lose balance from how much wind it caught.

He wondered to himself about why they had all of this on a cruise ship, but he didn't want to ask Chad too many things. It felt like anything could be a touchy subject with him, even if he hadn't snapped at Light yet.

The beach got colder as the sky;s yellow darkened to orange. The sun was falling behind the horizon of the sea when a Light felt buzzing in his ear. It took him a second to register Chad's voice from his earpiece.

"Hi?" Light said.

"Hello. Can you hear me?"

"Yah."

"Good. Live-stream is already up and running. You alright? It's cold out there."

"I'm fine."

"I'll update you on how many people are watching if something happens."

Chad still doubted him. Light exhaled through his nose to get the annoying itch out of his chest without him hearing.

"Okay," Light said.

________________________________________________________________________________

The sky became red and pink, then darkened. The only clouds were tiny strands that were higher than Light could imagine ever being.

The way it all reflected off of the water mesmerized him. The reflections were always shifting and turning with the water. The seagulls and sound of water rushing up and down the slope almost made Light forget what he was doing there.

The moment a line of steam came into view in the sky, the fading light and colors in the sky became eerie. Flareon Light stood up and paced around the circle of signal flares, taking each of them out of the sand one by one to turn them on with a simple switch on the side. The tops of the sticks started to glow with a flame that grew brighter as night fell. Once he finished, he went back to the center of the circle and sat down staring up at the sky.

The line in the sky started to look like a meteor. The distinct red and orange color of fire made it stand out against the other stars.

Light felt a buzz in his ear again.

"Okay, some fifty viewers now. They're all asking where the meteor is going to land."

"Say it'll be close by," Light said. "Advertise with that, then."

"On it."

He couldn't blame them for thinking it was a meteor. He would, too.

Light kept his eyes up for a few minutes. The red dot flew in a curve towards him and down to the ocean. When it reached the sea, it stopped moving down, but continued to get bigger. Water exploded up like clouds underneath it, rippling out in waves.