Maelstrom- Bloodbath

Cinccino Hannah walked forward. The starry sky surrounded her like a globe. It could be some sort of illusion, but it didn't change that they were taking too long for her to find.

Just ahead, a Scizor, Grumpig, Gabite, Thwackey, and Rhydon were sprawled out on the ground. Hannah ran ahead and glanced at all of them, but she ran straight for Rhydon.

Hannah came to Rhydon's side. She laid on her back with her eyes closed. Hannah's feet slowed and grew heavy as she drew near. Her spiral, amber horn had been broken off.

"Mom," Hannah said. "Mom. Mom."

Rhydon didn't reply. Hannah prodded Rhydon's stomach.

"Mom," Hannah said. "Get up. Mom."

Hannah stayed calm. She for her mother's wrist and felt for a pulse, any sort of movement. There was none.

A wave settled in. Hannah fell to the ground shaking and crying. It overpowered and shoved her to the floor. Her unheard screams were separate from her thoughts as they pulled together.

When Hannah stopped crying, she stood up. She looked around at the others who were gone. All she could think about was her mother. One final time, she pushed on Rhydon's side.

"Mo... M..." Hannah muttered.

Hannah needed to do something. Something had to have made this happen. The very thought sent her heartbeat into a hot frenzy.

It could be her fault. If Hannah went with her mother, maybe she could've caught on to something before it was too late.

There wasn't time to think about it. She had to move faster for a better chance to catch whoever did this.

Cinccino Hannah took a walk around and checked all of the gruesome wounds, only through her peripheral vision. She didn't know them very well, but just took in their faces and nothing else.

That Girafarig was missing.

Martha Verity. She could've fallen into the void just past the ground. Hannah didn't even know what it was.

Hannah reached out with her feelings. She could feel, or imagine, her breathing.

Martha. Hannah had a feeling she was still alive, and she'd find her.

The energy in the Keldeo's horn sticking out of her bag lurched forward. Hannah gripped it firm. Something waited for her ahead.

________________________________________________________________________________

The path led her upwards towards a maze of starlight. Going back without her mother was pointless, so she wasn't affected by the thin stone path and void of stars below it.

After a long hike up, a massive rock sat at the end. It looked like a speck at first, but grew exponentially as she drew near. The incline went flat again once she reached the peak of the stone hill.

A dark, stone arena opened itself up in front of Hannah. Dark, gray stones scattered across the ground. Remnants of stone pillars sat in chunks at the edges.

A massive, white body shaped like a swan stood in the center. Its blue eyes appeared from under a sharp, blue mask, separated in two parts of its face. Wings like hands stretched out from the side of his body.

Keldeo's horn lurched again, straight in the pokemon's direction. If it could move by itself, it would've flown right at its forehead. Hannah studied its large form.

It matched what her mother drew in the dirt: Lugia. As it turned, something fell and clanked against the floor.

An amber horn stared back at Hannah. She gazed at it thoughtlessly. A short, thin trail of red spiral down to its tip. Once she finished thinking, she tensed. She pulled out Keldeo's horn.