Guildmaster- Sanctuary

Flareon Light was too tired to see how the rescue was organized, or who was even coming. He only realized from the familiar voices ringing in his ears that it was other Wayfarers.

Before he knew it, he was on Arcanine Zhen's back as the group looked for a way out. The cave's only two entrances were the hole up top and the hole they came down from, also up top. They'd probably have to make a new path to get out themselves.

Emolga Alisha and Roserade Storm were also with Zhen. They searched around for a way out while the others got ready to leave. Light's eyes stayed closed the whole time. Everyone's voices were soft on his ears. They almost seemed to be whispering.

"Hey guys," Markus said. "I think this wall is super thin over here."

Markus knocked against the rock wall hard enough for everyone to hear. Light opened his eyes and looked up.

Slowking Chad walked up next to Meowstic Markus. They nodded to each other, then kicked the rock wall at the same time. Sunlight poured in, and Light closed his eyes against Arcanine Zhen's red fur.

"You know, don't we have to part ways soon?" Markus asked. "I mean, it's not like we can go with them to the next city considering..."

"We'll escort them to a carriage," Zhen said. "We called for one at the base of the mountain, and it's very close after that. Let's get them there so we can save time."

________________________________________________________________________________

The beginning of the way down was bumpy and rough, but Flareon Light settled down when they reached a smooth, forest path down the mountain. Everyone stayed quieter than usual, with the exception of Slowking Chad who randomly pointed out different plants on the side of the dirt road. With the help of wind singing against the trees overhead, he fell asleep.

When he woke up, it was from strong, soft arms picking up. He felt dizzy being moved so suddenly, but it settled once he was set down by Sky Forme Shaymin Ariel on top of a soft cushion. She sat next to him, and Shaymin Mei came close after. They were in a carriage.

Outside the doors, Slowking Chad, Meowstic Markus, and Arcanine Zhen all looked in. Emolga Alisha floated down and landed shortly in the distance behind them. Light lifted his head and yawned. He felt too sleepy to bring his paw to his mouth.

"Thaaanks..." Light said breathing out. "For coming to help," he finished.

"No problem," Chad said, smiling. "When you get to the city, you might need to take a day or two to rest there. Even if you do, we're still ahead of schedule."

"Okay. And, uh, sorry about your sword."

"Hmph," Shaymin Mei scoffed from a cushion next to the inner wall. "That thing was way outdated, anyways."

"Will you shut. Up!?" Ariel hissed.

"I think it's best that it happened," Chad said with a sad smile. "It was sentimental to me, but a weapon's purpose in my hands is to protect the ones I care about. And if the weapon itself fails, then I should wield a better one. Some things are more important."

"We'll find a new one," Light said. "A reaaaaaally," he yawned, "good one."

Chad nodded. "Good luck. See you."

"See you."

"Later," Markus nodded.

"Don't overdo it," Zhen warned. "Stay safe."

"You too," Light said.

Light watched as Zhen and Chad closed the doors. Ariel floated up and flicked the two lights on overhead, then sat back down. Light realized she had been carrying his backpack.