Chapter Three - Lacking Respect

Start from the beginning

He was going to enjoy his time like the bachelor he is before figuring out a way for him to prove to his parents that he was ready to run the family company. No cameras, no obligations, and no voice to talk him out of doing what he wants to do.

Giovanni smiled, slapping hands with Anthony, and pulling him into a brotherly hug. Anthony threw his arm over Giovanni's shoulder while they walked in the exit's direction of the airport.

"Ready to get wasted?" Anthony spoke up with much excitement.

"You do not know," Giovanni replied truthfully. He didn't want to think much of his parent's words, nor about their assumptions about him and Leah.

Not only did he want to prove to them he was ready for the business, but that he was over Leah.

Now, he was going to push it all to the back of his mind and just enjoy the freedom as now.

An hour later, Giovanni settled in a spare room in Anthony's luxurious estate. It was a pleasant home, ninety percent made of glass. A glass home that was not much to Giovanni's taste. He always had the opinion of others possibly looking into the home despite it being secluded from other homes. Giovanni preferred not to be spied on in his private home. He had enough of it by just walking out the door.

It was getting late, and the sun was setting. He had showered and dressed in a simple black suit, shirt, and pants. The smell of black ice was his choice of cologne, and the goal of appearance looked ravenous.

Anthony walked in a simple blue shirt and jeans. "Ready?"

Giovanni nodded and grabbed his wallet. He followed Anthony to his car, and they were off to the most populated club.

"So, have you thought about settling down again?" Anthony queried, sparking Giovanni's irritation on the subject.

With a harsh exhale of breath, he shook his head. "No, and I thought I was here to get away from talking about that."

Anthony shrugged. "You're right but have thought about-"

He scoffed, cutting Anthony off. "No."

"You don't even know what I'm about to say."

"I know you Anthony and I repeat I am taking advantage of this break."

He said nothing else. Anthony turned into the parking lot of the club INK which was not too far from Anthony's home. "I hope you know what you're doing." He parked in a vacant spot. "Drinks here we come."

Music vibrated the brick walls of the club while Giovanni followed Anthony to the front of the long line. They got in smoothly thanks to Anthony being in good favor with the bouncer along with other connections. The music boomed, and Giovanni took it all in. Different from Arizona clubs, but it was not too bad. People danced and drank with their friends or partners.

"Welcome to paradise!" Anthony shouted, patting his friend on the shoulder.

They made it to the bar and ordered shots. He let loose and downed the drink. Some women took Anthony away, and they pulled him to the dance floor. Of course, Giovanni danced with a few women himself and kept the shots coming. It didn't take long before he started feeling the effects of the alcohol. His body was buzzing, and it was a good feeling. Anthony tried to slow him down a bit, but he was enjoying every passing second.

Drinks. Women, Drinks. Women.

The pattern went on and he found himself in the back, outside of the club, making out with a nameless female. He could be careless of her name. She was beautiful, and he wanted to kiss her. His senses were everywhere, and he didn't stop focusing on the woman in front of him. He was up against the wall and his arms were around her. The numbing feeling became much more intense. Giggling against his lips, the woman wrapped her arms tighter around his neck and she kissed him with so much eagerness. The kiss grew more sloppy and a bad feeling swells within him. A nauseous feeling. He didn't feel right and his head felt light. Giovanni felt it, and it was too late. His taste buds went sour and everything came up in a rush.