Chapter twenty three/We'll make it work

Lauren

I couldn't help smiling at my boss. His face held a pure expression of pride. We walked to his office cabin.

Tae? You need a coffee?

Mhm later. My mum wants to have a formal dinner with your family. I...

Um ok?

Is tomorrow...ok for you?

Yes, it's alright.

Why is he being so awkward- wait! He's shy!

Holding back my snicker I pinched his cheek and strode off to my desk. He gathered me in his hands and kissed my hair.

Later, cherie.

Later, Tae.

By the time I got to my desk, I was a nervous wreck.

Dinner with his Mom? Mrs. Kim? I gulped down half of the orange juice from the carton and sighed.

Would she be one of those fancy ladies, clad in gold and jewels with fur coats, the once who only walked on red carpet? If she was then I was no where near comfortable being with/near her. What about his dad? Was he one of those expensive suit type o' guy with branded watches and stuff but even Tae wore suits right. He liked comfy clothes and hoodies but he wore-

Oh gosh, Lauren. Stop thinking. Stop.

It wasn't that my family was broke. We weren't hell shot rich but we didn't have to strip for our ends to meet.

Cut the crap, Lauren!

Emptying the remaining juice, I grabbed my PC and scrolled through his schedule.

By the time I was done it'd been evening. Feeling someone's presence I lifted my face up. Two dark brown orbs stared back at me adoringly.

Hello to you too, Tae.

Scared of your mother-in-law?

How'd he fucking know- wait! Mother-in-law?

A blush crept up my cheeks as I rose. Crossing around the desk I stood before him and he smiled cheerily. A boxy smile. This man would be the death of me. Calming my heartrate, I pinched his cheek.

She won't eat you, I promise.

I know.

I shook my head.

He pressed his hand against mine, staring into my soul.

She isn't a fan of extravagant things. She'll like you. And if she doesn't...

He shrugs.

...then she doesn't.

Not helping but alright.

Liar liar, pants on fire.

He was really helpful.

Later that day.

Jin Mi ah...I'm here. Where are you?

Near the dark oak tree at the entrance pabo. I just saw you pass by. Catch up to me.

She hung up. I could never seem to understand that lady. Why didn't you freaking stop me after seeing that I was moving on. Ugh...whatever.

Hey you.