Chapter nineteen/Treat us better

Lauren

Tae escorted me to my family and I tried to get him off me. The guy can be really clingy when being sweet all at once. Hoping that my mom doesn't spot him, I pushed him back.

Off at once! Don't let my parents see you.

Pout. A freaking pout!

Tae...

Fine. I'm going...

Late. Too late. Mom stood in the balcony of her room staring, rather glaring at me.

Don't get her wrong. She likes the concept of 'Me×Tae' but staying up at his place was a lot to take in.

I dragged myself in and ran to my room closing the door behind.

Whew.

Get downstairs Eun Jun!

Dad.

In a minute Papa!

I changed back to my comfy clothes and got downstairs for breakfast.

Mhhhhhmmm...waffles?

Get your ass here, daughter.

I smiled at my lady and sat down beside dad. He peeked at me over his newspaper whispering softly.

You are in trouble, miss...my lady love doesn't seem happy.

I gasped and made a 'clutched heart' gesture. Dad smiled in return.

Eun..Jun..

Mummy! Let me explain!

I'm fine with you guys being together and all, my dear...but you still have a daughter to tend to. Her dad's still alive.

I don't know mum...

I-

Jason...may deserve another chance...

Mom...

I want to see you happily married before my time arrives, Jun...He deserves a chance Lauren. He was late for your ma-

That's it. I lost my cool.

Look, I know you haven't felt well lately. I know that you aren't well...so it makes it hard for me to tell you this...I wish we were close. I wish we were friends. I understand it's hard for you. I get that but you forget that I'm a person. I'm not, you know, some peasant slave you've hired to cook and clean. I am your daughter. I don't feel like I'm your daughter, but I am, I guess. These are the cards that were dealt, Mom. You don't know our story- oh! Tragedy. I'm sorry I'm not all that you hoped for and that this life we live here together isn't glamorous. I just want to say that I try, you know, I try to be there for you and do all the things a good daughter is supposed to do for her mother but you are such a rude bitch and I can't take it anymore!

My mom flounced towards me, poking her index finger at me angrily. Her usually calm composure wasn't as pleasant as always. Dad just stared at us.

When have you really...like really cared about us anyway?

I know that I was being harsh but I'd had enough of this bullshit!

Min Eun Jun! This is no way of talking to an elder or worse, your mother!

The truth can hurt the ones that dwell in lies, mother!

Enough!

My brother. Your own flesh and blood left us. Know why?

She had gritted her teeth and her face looked a bright shade of red.

Oh! Let me enlighten you!

I was on my feet and approached her.

Because his mother felt ashamed of his existence! You felt disappointed with my brother! My brother, who is the epitome of perfection. Why? Cause he decided to fight, he decided to conquer and not follow! He chose to follow his dream. He once told me..."I don't like waking up in the morning, scrambling eggs with mom shouting obscenities in the background at me about things that don't deserve shouting." He was just too good for everyone. He told me of how you compared him to your friend's uncle's father's mother's step sister. About how you considered him an oddity, a shame to the family!

She opened her mouth and closed it again, guilty. She tried to place her hand on my shoulder which I dodged.

Please, treat us better. I beg you. He had done nothing wrong. He just pursued his dreams. How can we blame him for being himself...if we love him? As for Jason...he wasn't late for the marriage. He in fact was busy fucking a whore!

Dad stood up and pulled me into a side hug. I took mum's hand and squeezed it gently. Silent tears tripped down her cheeks as she looked at me with...pride...something that rarely had I seen. I had expected pity. The woman never stops suprising me.

Be nice...to me. I'm worth enough to be treated nice. Treat me nice before I have an outburst. A real outburst. I'm talking a sumo outburst. Huge. So...treat me nice. Do you want more coffee?

Both of my parents laughed groggily and hummed an affirmation.