Chapter eleven/Tremors of Past

Lauren

Must've been your ex, I suppose?

Precisely.

Turning to face Namjoon I asked whether he'd use a coffee. He politely refused saying that he was good.

I'll excuse myself. See you around Mr. Namjoon.

Namjoon works just fine.

He smiled.

I smiled at him, giving Tae a polite nod.

I'm almost done Lauren. You are off work for today.

Thanks Tae. So soon.

...

Taehyung

What brought you here today, hyung?

He sat across me folding him arm to his chest.

Areum is pregnant.

She's what?

I jumped up from my chair as hyung stiffened a laugh.

Your nephew/niece is on his way.

Finally....how long have you been married for, 4 years?

Four, it'll be. We decided that it would be the best if we could birth her when the atmosphere is a little....better, for the growth of the child.

I understand.

The scandal had it's toll on Areum, wouldn't want my child to be born under the eye of the media.

How's noona keeping up?

She's just fine. What have you been up to? Jungkook keeps whining that you've a crush on some lady...who might it be, Tae?

I don't fuck where I work hyung. You must've known better.

Your eyes say something else buddy. Who's Lauren?

My temp.

Your temp. Alright.

Hyung, there is no such thing-

See you later.

Huh? Bye...

Mr. Jeon fucking Jungkook.

The weekend passed by without much occurrings. Namjoon hyung made the group aware about Areum's pregnancy to which Jin hyung and Hobi hyung squealed, Suga hyung patted his back smugly, Jungkook ranted about how he'd treat the newly arriving child while Jimin was all about,

So that's what you'd been busy with lately, baby making

To which I had smacked him to his senses.

Lauren

Monday: Morning, 7.30 am.

I'm off to work Jinnie!

Turning my head to my darling daughter I turned it back to Jin.

Her school bus will be here in 15-

I know mamma. Out you go.

I catch ahold of my black bag and sprint towards the door.

Good morning Lauren.

I jerk my head towards him.

Morning Tae. What brings you here, early in the morning?

Casually picking my employee.

He motions to his car, opening the door for me.

I throw my bag in and get in his car, the cushion molding around my frame.

Comfy.

I grin.

I hear him chuckle before he entered from the opposite door.

Why don't you compose songs anymore?

He let out a bitter laugh.

That was completely out of the blue, Lauren.

Seconds ticked by as I stared at him, intently.

I was a part of a male idol band, a group of 7 guys with varying abilities, faults, families and backgrounds. We came out with our first song in 2013. Always targeted by media from the debut, all we ever received was hate. There was still a negligible amount of people that really appreciated us- ARMYs as we call them. We decided to fight and after a ton of hard work we finally made it to the top but it requires just a small flick of fire to burn down the forest of our enormous efforts. It all went downhill. Seokjin hyung was enlisted to perform his military duties. Namjoon hyung's affair had become a scandal. Hoseok and Yoongi hyung where accused of defaming artists, Jimin was being criticized for supporting western artists while Jungkook was labeled as a playboy, sybarite. Mr. Bang's son was killed in a riot of protesters and he thought that it was the best if the company was handed down to me. Little did he know that I was myself suffering through hell due to my sister disappearance or rather death, in a plane crash. Her body was never found. I still wonder if she'd be still out there, alive and happy. She had once fancied a player named Jungkook, someone who I'd never let her be with.

My gaze softened as he averted his stare to the window.

We are here. Let's go.

I nodded.

After you.

We got to his cabin when he swiftly turned around as I called his name.

What did any of it have to do with you abandoning your love for music?

It destroyed me. I was devastated by the loss. I was trying to get ahold of the situation while being dead on the inside. The tension kept me busy and the inner demons stayed at bay but when the night drew closer, it all came back to her. Every night, I crawled in my bed, cried in agony and slept through nightmares. I want to get rid of my past, Lauren. I want to let it go.

You can't let go of your past, Tae. It's a part of who you are.

Enough about me. What made you the broken branch that you are?

Why would you assume that I'm a broken branch?

He gave me a sly smile.

Betrayal. I was betrayed or rather dragged out of my love fantasy. I had waited on the altar for Jason, he never arrived. He was sort of busy fucking a whore. I left for our honeymoon destination, stayed there for 2 years and got back to be stronger and better, more capable. Oh and with a baby in tow.