Master of Tokugawa

Start from the beginning

        As usual, they ended up in the middle of the command room where there was plenty of room for Hessian Lobo to skid to a halt as the portal closed behind them. None of them said a word as they got down from Lobo's back. "Everyone's alive I see. No one got hurt either," Salieri noted from the coms desk. He wasn't exactly the kind of servant fit for the job, but (y/n) didn't want to leave his life in the hands of Tokugawa's director any more than he already had to.

        "Yeah, we're all back safe and sound," (y/n) said, forcing a smile. Then he turned to the director who had just walked in the moment (y/n) had spoken.

        "You failed. What does it matter that you are safe when there's nothing to show for it," the director said. He was slowly walking towards them as he spoke.

        "We didn't come back empty handed. Our target was one of the Association's most bothersome enemies, so it wasn't easy to get past him to take these back," (y/n) explained as he held his hands out in front of him. His command seals flashed their cyan color before the family crests fell into existence in his hands. "We took back all of the crests that he stole. We didn't leave a single one behind. These families can continue to pass on their mystics to the next generations." He stared at the director as the man towered over him.

        "Is that all?" he asked. (Y/n) nodded, not wanting to risk speaking since he was already unsure of what would happen to him. "Berserker, take these to the archive. Salieri, file this in the system and notify the Association," the director spoke. He took a few steps back and allowed Arjuna Alter to take the saved family crests from his master's hands. Berserker, although not one to show much emotion, flashed (y/n) a look of worry before leaving.

        (Y/n) flinched when the director reached out to ruffled the hair on his head. "You did well in that regard, thank you for bringing those back." The man sounded sincere, and for a moment, (y/n) thought that he would be able to leave the command room without worry. This thought was shattered immediately when the director drove a blade right into (y/n)'s gut. He doubled over, stifling his cry out of habit so as not to give the director any sort of satisfaction. The director had grabbed his arm to keep him from falling and pulled (y/n) to him. "...but you didn't do what was asked of you. That man will just steal more of those crests that you've returned. And you already know what happens when you don't do what you're told, right?"

        The director twisted the blade a bit getting nothing more than a short whimper. The man suddenly backed away from (y/n), dropping him just in time to avoid Gilgamesh's attack. Mordred was there to catch (y/n) before he could hit the ground. "Master, are you okay?" He hardly ever saw her embrace her feminine side, but she did so then. Her voice soft and full of worry as she cradled him to her.

        "I'd be careful about acting out, Caster. It would be unfortunate should your spirit core be destroyed, and we wouldn't want to have to replace you," the director growled before throwing aside the knife he had used. He could always summon another if he felt like it.

        "Even I wouldn't stand by and simply watch you torture someone innocent. If you dare do something like that in my presence again, you'll never see another sun rise," Gilgamesh threatened. Hessian Lobo growled in agreement although the wolf had stayed put all the while.

        "You better not sleep, (y/n). One of your precious servants might end up missing," the director sneered. The man stormed off leaving (y/n) and his remaining servants in the control room. Despite having been stabbed, he was perfectly fine. His command seals had began to glow soon after Mordred caught him, so he was actually healing and would be just fine. Usually a homunculus would die from such an injury.

        Being okay physically, however, did not equal being okay mentally. (Y/n) did not want to lose any more servants. The process to summon one was already bad enough. Then to lose a servant that he had become friends with, perhaps even family to...that wasn't something he took well. "I'm alright, Mordred. I just need to rest for a moment," he said. He closed his eyes and leaned against her which she allowed without a word.