Chapter Sixteen

Waking up the next morning, wrapped in Larcin's arms, was heaven for Joshua. The euphoria from the night before still lingered. All the dark thoughts that haunted the back of his mind couldn't overshadow the happiness he felt holding this man in his arms. His whole world was turned upside down and the future was a black hole of uncertainty but as long as he had Larcin with him, he knew he's be able to endure. He placed a light kiss on the top of Larcin's head.

          "Good morning," Larcin murmured, stirring in Joshua's arms.

          "Sorry if I woke you."

          "I was awake. I was just being too lazy to move."

          "You can be as lazy as you want if its like this."

          They exchanged morning kisses that quickly deepened in intensity. They were interrupted before things got too involved by a comm from Silka. He let the pair know he and Leavac were on their way with exciting news. Reluctantly, they parted to get dressed. Neither of them wanted to give Silka any more ammunition for his incessant teasing. They were dressed and had their trip bags ready by the time Silka and Leavac arrived.

          The other pair were all excited when they arrived.

          "The DNA test came back. Joshua, you are my cousin.!" Leavac joyfully hugged Joshua.

          "I also heard back from my Mom. She did have a twin sister named Kinda. They weren't identical twins.  That's why I didn't recognize her.  Mom recognized her from the picture you gave me. What's strange is, she and her other were reported killed in an accident ten months before you were born."

          "Doesn't that mean she couldn't possibly be my mother?"

          "Considering the DNA test makes us cousins, it has to mean she didn't die in that accident."

          "Still that's a long time between the accident and when I was born."

          "Not really. From what I understand, Earth babies are born about 280 standard days after conception. On Joong its more like 420 days. That would fit the time frame."

          "Then where could she have been all that time? And where does Jonathan fit into all this?"

          "I'm afraid those are question you will have to ask that man who raised you. Aunt Kinda's last assignment was on a private spaceship owned by Moore Industries. She worked for them for about a year. She was already bonded with your father at that time but it was a while before she could swing getting him assigned as her co-navigator. Supposedly, they both died along with the regular pilot in a freak crash. Mom is heartbroken seeing her sister like that. She wanted to go to the authorities and have the investigation reopened. Fortunately, she and my Dad are off-planet. I did convince her to wait and let us handle it from here."

          "I have to find Jonathan! I have to get to the bottom of all this." Joshua started to leave but Larcin stopped him.

          "Not today. You are not going to get anything out of him in the state you're in," Larcin told him. He could see how agitated his other was getting. "Confronting him like this won't get you the answers you want. For today, let's just go on our vacation and relax.  We can make plans on how to confront that man when we get back.  It's waited this long. A few days longer won't hurt."

          Reluctantly Joshua agreed.  With that, Larcin ushered everyone out the door, luggage in hands.

           They arrived at the island retreat just before lunch. An agent for the rental company met them there. She was a young Casentell native. She gave them a brief tour of the accommodations.