Chapter 3: Dragon Breeders

Start from the beginning

"Nurse Hannah will discuss and explain the process and everything you need to know about what will be happening here today." Dr. Rian said, indicating to the woman behind her who had an expression that matched a stone. "You can questions at the end if you have any, understand?" I nodded in understanding, not trusting myself to answer. "Good."

I sat quietly spacing out as Nurse Hannah described what they were about to do to me. It was almost word for word of what Chaiyan told me while she drove me to the hotel. They would check everything, every part of my body. I will need to go through prodding, swabs, bodily fluid withdrawals, ultrasounds, x-rays, MRI and other things I didn't know what they were. "The Nurse will then take your blood and match it to a suitable dragon in our system. That's where we discharge with you and you will be transferred to their species doctor to explain the process further. Any questions?" She concluded, looking at me expectantly.

I hummed trying to think of a few but my mind was still processing the information given. "How long will be pregnant?" I asked. I knew humans were 9 months and I could only hope dragons were longer.

"I can't be sure, but from the information we've been allowed to have it suggested the average pregnancy for a human carrying a dragon baby is 4 to 6 months." Nurse Hannah answered. I frowned to myself. It was much shorter than I thought.

"You said I will be moved to another hospital, do you know why?"

She nodded. "Yes, we are human doctors, so the dragons haven't told us much about their species to protect themselves. We do not know how you get pregnant with a dragon's baby nor how to take care of you while pregnant or what to expect." She notified me. So I was going into this blind. "Although, we assume it's through artificial insemination. It would be disgusting for a human to fornicate with a dragon right?" She commented, snickering.

I nodded not knowing what to say. From my brief encounter with Mr. Adontintus at the bar, dragons seemed like humans, the only thing was they were much bigger and could turn into a dragon. From his vulgar comment, I've gathered that humans and dragons could have sex if they wanted to. All it took was the correct autonomy. But it did calm my mind hearing the pregnancy will happen through artificial insemination.

"Therefore, you'll be moved to a dragon's doctor in Infernae's who is more knowledgeable of everything to do with their kind." She continued. "This hospital just makes sure you're a healthy and ideal candidate for the process." She added.

"So I'm not staying in Magicae if I get pregnant?"

She gasped. "We only advertise this to get more candidates to sign up." She clarified. "Who would agree to be a breeder if they knew they would have to go to Infernae as well as be impregnated with those scaly things? Plus, God alone knows what the residents here would do to you if they found out you were pregnant with a dragon's baby."

Infernae was known as the Royal Parish of Dragons. They keep to themselves making human knowledge of them almost non-existent. Storytellers in Vondus claim the parish is ruled by fear, power and greed. Humans, except breeders, were not allowed there or they would executed on the spot. Not that they didn't want to live there because the dragons were known to be dangerous and powerful. Dragon hunters did not evenventured into that part of the island, afraid of what would happen to them if trapped there. It's the only place in the island the dragons can freely transform without having to worry about being hunted. It was when they were at their strongest. The other four parish was a free for all.

Fulgar was in the frigid North of the island. Regnas was in the West, a region known as breeding ground for hunters. Next was Kayies. The parish was located in the East, mainly populated by humans. As previously mentioned, Infernae was in the South. It was home of the dragons due to its humidity. Lastly, there was Magicae, the largest parish situated in the centre of all four. It was regarded as the most advanced part of the island. There was an unwritten agreement that all parties could share the space. Though, that didn't stop the multiple fatalities and murdered.