Chapter 6: Unwanted Match

[Brax]

My muscles screamed as my arms flung the sledgehammer forward, the hammer hitting the concrete hard. Today, my muscles felt as though they had been flash-burned with acid from the inside. My lungs heaved like for air as every part of me cried out in pain. But I couldn't stop.

I felt my lungs expand, and my heart beat all the more strongly.
I can't say I was good at pacing myself; that skill still eluded me, but I knew how to keep going even when my body told me there was no more in the tank. I was going to destroy the 4-story building with a hammer.

"Good morning, sir. I'm Teon, here to deliver a message from Chief Gillian." A small voice called out behind me. With a low grunt, I ignored it and continued to pound at the wall with all my might. I watched as the building in front of me crumbled to nothing. "Excuse me, sir. This is an important matter." He continued. The sound of broken concrete and falling debris was enough to drown him until he found his voice. "Sir, the clan leader wants to speak with you." He screamed face, turning red. My eyes squeezed closed as my face contorted with a grimace. "I am talking to you, sir."

With a growl, I threw the sledge hammer missing him by half an inch. He screamed, eyes widening in shock. "Get the fuck away from me!" I warned, beginning to walk to my next job. Sweat trickled down my face, and my breathing slowly went back to its normal rhythm. I was not in the mood to deal with this clan's bullshit.

"Not until I tell you the message." He said, his voice quivering in fear.

I bent down and picked up a large price of concrete, causing him to step away from me. I rolled my eyes, throwing it in the air as if it was a ball. With a push of power, I threw the debris in the air as if it were a ball. His eyes followed the concrete in the air. "You have until this concrete hits the floor or your head."

He gasped, not speaking for a few seconds. I looked down at my clock to see 10 seconds had gone with him, gaping like a fish in front of me. "C.. Chief Gillian w..wants you in his office by no later t..than noon. You will be in a meeting with him for bre-" Teno jumped as the concrete slammed into the floor with a loud boom a quarter inch from his body.

He trembled, staring at the piece of rock burrowed into the floor. "Your times up."

"Y...you could have k..killed me." He stammered, looking up to glare at me.

I picked up another one, and he scrambled backwards. "Leave!" I growled as my hands began to produce a bright, red, and orange flame.

He gulped. "Y..yes s..sir."

Without knocking, I held onto the silver spiral knob and twisted it. The door banged against the wall behind it as the hinges groaned in protest. The chief of my clan, Gillian Rocostor. He glanced up, eyes glowing red in anger but calmed down to frustration when he saw It was me. "I said to be here at noon Braxton," he paused and looked down at the large watch on his wrist, "It's now 6:17 pm." He chided, sitting up straight to glare at me.

I shrugged. "I was busy." I said dryly. Gillian was aware that I disliked being in the presence of others. I would rather be alone in thought and be comfortable in my presence instead of being warped into someone else. I had my brain so I could communicate and do things with myself. That will always be all I need, no matter what, alone or in the company of others.

Everyone's life was separated from my own, so there was no need to connect with others. I loved it when I knew the only heart beating in my house or where I worked belonged to me and me alone. People were only good for pain, heartache, and disappointment.