Chapter 20: Old Flame

[Neviah]

I took a deep breath staring at the bare living room. Andy was going to deliver the furniture we bought, so I needed to get the place ready and cleaned. Fortunately, Brax was called into work for the day, so I could surprise him. He went later in the morning and told me it meant he wouldn't finish until around midnight. I didn't know if it would be a good or bad surprise.

Thankfully, I was used to fixing all things broken and damaged at my aunt's bar, so I had experience. However, this place was much larger, so would take me a while. I had nothing better to do anyway, so it was I was happy to tackle.

I spent that day exfoliating the walls, mopping the floors, and dusting any surface I could see- enhancing the beauty of this old place. It has grown on me so much in such a short time, that I honestly dread having to leave. I had no plan of what I'd do if Brax were to kick me out, but I know I'm steering clear of Vondus. With the money I'm due to receive and the money I'm saving by staying here, I would be set for a few years.

Night soon came and everything was cleaned, wiped, and dusted. Andy helped me build everything and put it where I envisioned before he left to be with Angel. All left to this place for Brax. I couldn't wait to see Brax's face. I went to every room, stood back, and watched it. Bare floors had chairs and sofas, empty walls had picture frames, and windows now had pretty curtains.

With a loud yawn, I used my shirt to wipe the sweat forming on my forehead and made my way upstairs to the bathroom. It felt sticky and dirty, so a shower was needed. The water came down as cold winter rain, awakening my skin. I probably stayed in the for an hour, letting the water soothe me until my stomach started to fumble in hunger.

It was probably coming up to 11 pm so Brax would be home soon. Therefore, I needed to make dinner. I wrapped the towel around me, staring at the marks Brax left on my skin. A few hours later, the scratches, bites, and hand marks still looked bright as day. For the past few days, he fucked me until I had nothing in me to give. It was like he wanted to engrave himself into me. The only thing I managed to consume was water given to me by Brax. He would even bathe me due to the sweat, blood, and semen stuck to my skin. Since he took me flying, he expected sex multiple times a day. The dragon limit was next to none. I was very hopeful that I was pregnant. However, I stayed clear of the test just in case it was negative yet again. I had another check-up soon, so I would wait for Ms Florence to break the news. 

To my surprise, I walked out of Brax's bathroom to see a woman sitting on the bed that I neatly changed and made today. She had next to nothing on. Her almost transparent dress riding up her thighs was paired sky high black heels. My gaze lasted a full second, enough to take in her face. She was extremely pretty. Long golden brown hair laid down her side like a blanket, her body curved just right. She watched me with piercing red eyes, framed with long lashes and pouty red lips. Like a statue, I stood there as her eyes glanced over my body with obvious displeasure.

It was obvious why she was here, so there was no need to ask and verify. Hell, I wanted it too. However, I couldn't stop the destructive thought swirling through my mind. Was she the reason why Brax came home late almost every night? No one worked 18-hour shifts Monday to Sunday.

Calmly, she got off the bed and pulled her dress down to its proper length, just above her knees. It didn't make me feel self-conscious that I was only wrapped in a towel since she had on less clothes. "Who the hell are you?" She sneered, walking towards me.

The woman watched me like a prey as she stepped towards me. "Shouldn't I be the one to ask that?" I countered. She obviously wasn't much of a threat, since she had broken into the house to lie on the bed in a bright red thong and bra.