Chapter 10: July Heat

(Unedited)

[Neviah]

I jumped up from my sleep as I heard the unfamiliar ringing. My mind was in a dizzy state from the last remnants of my confusing dream being chased away by the realization that I was awake. It was a relatively nice dream but uncommon for me. I was lying under a large oak tree, low wind blowing, in a meadow full of flowers with Brax. He was lying on top of me, with my head thrown back as he ground into me. His lips were roughly sucking in my neck making me moan and buckle under him before he.... bit me. His eyes glowed like the sun, his teeth long and sharp. Even though I didn't understand why I found him biting me appealing, I knew that was all I wanted. For him to claim me. It was a great dream but it had me all hot and bothered, my heart pounding in my chest as if it was trying to escape.

I sighed, reluctant to banish my dream and begin my day. It was the first time this week I've had a good dream and not a sleep filled with Eruin. The low light of early morning shined into my slowly opening eyes. I let my head loll from one side to the other, eyes closing one more time as I enjoyed the darkness. There is no option to sleep on, no chance to rest and conjure his dream anew because once I woke up there was no going back to sleep for me.

With another mental sigh, I allowed my brain to focus and cautiously open one eye, not that it would make a difference. I tapped my dresser trying to find my phone. "Hello." I grumbled into my phone.

"Hey Neviah, it's me." A soft voice spoke through the phone. I sat there for a second as my fuzzy brain tried to put the voice to a face. "Angel."
She added, answering my unspoken question.

I rubbed my eyes, letting out a tired yawn. I moaned feeling the cool early morning breeze flow through the bedroom window, slightly lessened by the uncomfortable feeling of Infernae's high temperature. "Hey, you settled in?" I asked lethargically. Lazily, I walked over to the door to turn on the light, phone stuck between my shoulder and ear.

"Yes, I have." She replied, way too happy for the time it was. "Sorry, I haven't called or answered for the past two weeks. I've been... busy." She explained vaguely, a hit of amusement in her voice. "I know its lat-"

I laid back down on the bed, staring out the window. "It's fine. I'm up now anyways." I assured her. Looking over at the clock, I saw it was a few minutes past 1 in the morning. "How's your match?"

I heard her squeal at the question, making me move the phone from my ears. "My match, Andy, is the best man I've ever met. He is so nice and kind. I haven't had to do a thing since I've got here. He's been amazing." She gushed, like a high-schooler who just developed a crush. "We've already signed all the contracts and worked out arrangements that work for both of us. He's made this process better than I could have ever thought much different. Instead of treating me like a hole to stick his dîçk and breed, I've been treated like an actual woman." Knowing, this conversation was going to last a while I made myself comfortable.

I smiled, happy for her. She deserved to be happy after being done down in worry for her siblings. "And Infernae is so beautiful. I didn't get to see all but he took me on a mini half an hour drive around our area and is so amazing. There's a small river about a 10-minute drive away and it's so peaceful. When you visit I will have to take you. He even gave me a car-" She continued to rant about her god-given match and Infernae, making me a bit envious of her situation.

"That sounds amazing." I added whenever she paused. I could tell she was happy and having the best time.

"And his face. Don't let me get started he looks so gorgeous, which is why I dropped my panties for him at the first chance I got. I mean the first day we were at it like rabbits." I laughed. "Before you say anything I know we had to wait three days, but I had to put in some practice before the real fun happened. Let me tell you my mind and body were blown out of this dimension. I didn't think sex could be so good. Don't think any less of me but if he looks at me for longer than a second, I will do anything he says."