Chapter 19: Flow of Water

[Neviah]

The river had a gentle calmness as small ripples danced through it. It looked beautiful as it reflected the blue sky. The body of water stretched out alongside the hill, adding a sweet lullaby to the forest. There was something about the motion of it that called to me. Getting far away from the worry of Infernae increased my connection to it. Without the distractions, the thoughts, and the noise, my mind was free when I came. Not thinking about when I had to leave or getting pregnant. So bringing Brax here to my haven meant a lot more than he would ever know.

"I've lived here since I was a kid and didn't know this place existed." Brax marvelled as we walked towards the river. It was hidden behind a mass of large trees and bushes making it the perfect spot to think and practise. It was about a 30-minute walk from the house.

We stopped near the closest tree to the river and placed our things on the floor. "Well I've had a lot of free time, so I always roam. I found the river by chance, it is so peaceful and pretty." I began to strip off my dress, leaving me in a two-piece bathing suit. Brax eyes clouded,  his thoughts expressed clearly on his face. "My answer to you is after we are done here."

He let out a surprisingly cute groan. "No one here." He coaxed, walking up behind me. His hot hands wrapped around my bare waist and pulled me into him. I felt his hard member press against my back, making me shiver slightly. While the idea of doing it outside was tempting, I wanted to showcase what I could do. Hopefully, he was in as much awe as I was with him.

Almost painfully, I moved away from his entanglement and faced him. "Still no. We are about to try my way of flying." He gave me a hesitant look. "It's completely pain-free so don't look so worried." I assured him.

He let out a long sigh, again wrapping his hand around me. I loved how he was beginning to want to touch me every second he could. It was such a change from before and I had no complaints. "Neviah..." He grumbled, almost in a whining tone. I couldn't help but be amused by this incredibly large man whining, his lips pouting like a child.

"Braxton..." I mocked his tone playfully. His glowing eyes squinted in a glare but didn't continue to whine. I unwrapped his loose hold and held both his hands into mine. "Be open-minded like I did. Trust me like I did when you took me up the in the sky, no protection at all."

I let him go and moved towards the lake. I exhaled lowly as it wrapped around me, feeling like one. He stood there for a few moments, still looking at me with hesitancy. "Come in the water." I coaxed. I'll always need the air and the sunlight, however feeling the cool water wash over my skin was a necessity. Cautiously, he walked towards me, pulling off his shirt and throwing it to the side. As soon as go near me, I grabbed his arm and wrapped it around me. "Close your eyes. I'll tell you when to open." His eyes continue to stay open, his face scrunched with caution. "Please."

Reluctantly, he followed my instructions. I guided him deeper into the water, taking slow deep breaths of my own. I listened to the percussion of the water movement that seemed melody.  I could feel the temperature of the water drop, as the water connected with me. It wasn't like a winter chill, bringing a shiver to the skin, but more like the autumn breeze coolness. It felt like I was free to turn and move as I wished, the ties of gravity faded to nothing. Here, my body had no weight that meant anything, I could glide in any direction without fear of falling. 

The glow in my eyes got brighter as the water began to swirl wildly around us. With increasing pressure, the water became thicker. It hugged tightly around Brax and me, as I manipulated it. The water surges around my skin, raising my body. In that moment the arms squeezed a fraction tighter as we began to ascend. "Open." I whispered, my focus on keeping us in the air.