28: Blurred

Your POV

"(Y/n)! people are getting here!" Meghan shouts.

You race to throw on a white lace tank top and white jeans. You and Meghan decided on a black light party, so everyone must wear all white. You look in the mirror one last time and fluff your curls. "Let's go." you whisper to yourself.

When you walk towards the living room, you can see the party already booming. Beer pong in the corner, your friend from class and her bf already making out on the couch, and finally, the boys walk in.

Mitchel runs over to you. "Damn it, Y/n! I had to actually go out and buy white jeans for this." He laughs. You hug all of the boys – Mitchel. Jesse. Pat. Christian, whose hug seems a little too tight. And Clinton, who seems way too out of it to even realize where he is. He looks down on you with a blank stare then smiles and whispers, "Hey."

In the corner of your eye you see Meghan and her sleek blonde ponytail running up to you. She is normally shy meeting new people, but in front of the boys, she raises her chin and eyes them.

"Meghan, this is Mitchel, Pat, Clinton, and Jesse. And of course, you know Christian." you say.

Surprisingly, she shakes all of their hands. "You guys down for a drink?" she asks.

"Let's get it!" Jesse says.

As you're walking away, you overhear Mitchel say to Meghan, "So I hear you've never heard our music. I gotta put you on." You laugh to yourself and scan the room.

You really just want to put the past behind you. Especially with Clinton. He's so special and such a sweet guy – can't we just start over? You look over at him. He's standing up against the wall, glancing at the drink table. You smirk and walk over to him. "Can I get you a drink?" you ask.

He shakes his head, looking sad. "What's wrong?" you ask.

Clinton shrugs. "I've been trying not to drink lately. Just a personal thing." You awkwardly nod your head, not knowing what else to do or say. "That's good..." you say.

You grab a drink for yourself and start to mingle. Occasionally glancing at Clinton, you start to feel bad for him. You've never had a first drink hit as hard as this one does. First drink, down.

As you go grab another drink, Mitchel follows you. He squints his eyes at you. "Are you okay?" he asks suspiciously.

You nod and say "Yeah. Is everything okay with Clinton lately?"

Mitchel eyes you and says "Yeah... why? Should I be worried?"

You gulp down half of your drink before responding. "Nope." You smile and walk off.

The music pounds in your temples. Where is Meghan? You search the crowd for her, but bump into Christian instead. "Wanna dance, Y/n?" he slurs.

You shake your head no, but the word "yes" comes out of your mouth. "Perfect!" he says. Second drink, down.

He moves behind you, his hips grinding against you. You would've loved this, there would've been so much chemistry back then, but now he's just so ... aggressive. He spins you around and grabs your hands, placing them on his chest. As he moves his face towards you, you grip his shirt. But not in the way he expected. Your hand tightens in fear, in anxiety.

He leans in for a kiss, but you bolt away. Once again, to the drink table. You pour a shot, down it. Then another, down it. Third, fourth, down. Everything around you is a blur, except – Clinton. He grabs the liquor bottle and pours a drink, no mixer.