12: Vibes

Clintons POV

I know (Y/n) is sitting on the balcony. I don't know how she feels but I have a pretty damn good idea. I'm loathing Mitty right now. We're supposed to leave tomorrow to get back on tour and I want (Y/n) to come. I know that I fucked up, but she can't be putting this on herself.

I walk to the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror. I want to cry. Hell, I never cry. But it isn't from sadness. Its from anger and frustration. At myself, for affecting our fans, tour, (Y/n), the boys. Anger and frustration at Mitty for blaming her. Empty eyes look back at me through the dirty mirror.

You know none of this would've happened if you didn't kiss her friend, right?  My fists clench but I slowly release. I splash water in my face and walk out to the balcony.

"Can I sit?" I point to the couch where (Y/n) is sitting and she pats the seat next to her.

Without looking up, she says, "I'm leaving tonight."

I sit there stunned. "Why?" are the only words that escape my lips.

She still hasn't looked up from the ground. "I'm only hurting you. All of you. Tearing you apart."

I try to pull her in for a hug, but she pulls back away. "(Y/n), please. You need to understand none of this is because of you. It was never meant to go this far, I swear. It's all because of me."

She shakes her head, disregarding what I said, and turns to look at me for the first time. As she begins to talk, she sounds angry. "You deserve so much fuckin better. You know for a damn fact that everything that has happened over the past few days only happened because my friend and I showed up. The kiss at the club, the overdose because you were upset about the kiss, Mitchel getting mad because of us. Take me out of the equation, and it wouldn't have happened. It all was never fuckin supposed to happen."

She bursts into tears. At first, I'm shocked, but I pull her in, and she doesn't resist this time. It's quiet for a while, just the sound of her breathing. Each moment her breath slows down as she calms down from crying. Finally, she sits up. "I'm still leaving. Before I regret everything even more than I already do."

I need to think of something to make her stay, and quick.

"Fine. But we still need to get snacks for the road tomorrow. Will you at least run to the store with me?"

"You know its 1 am right? And we're going to the grocery store?"

I nod and she combs her hair back with her fingers. "Let's go" she laughs.

-------------------

We walk out of the store with a few bags in the shopping cart. I smile as I get an idea. "Don't put the cart back (Y/n)"

She looks confused. I continue smiling as I take the bags out of the cart and set them on the ground. "We used to do this when we were kids."

"Wha-" I cut her off as I scoop her up off the ground and lay her in the cart, putting the bags next to her.

"Ready for a ride?" I ask.

She smiles the biggest smile and nods. I start running as I push her around the parking lot, her laugh echoing across the night sky and in my heart.

Your POV

"Clint you're gonna crash!" you laugh.

"Never!" he shouts. He picks up the pace and you've never felt more alive.

Suddenly you feel the cold pavement hit your body.

Clinton runs over to you, shaken up by it. "(Y/n), are you okay?" You touch your face and feel blood coming from somewhere.

You pull out your phone and look in the camera, noticing it's a small scratch. You and Clinton laugh, clearly delirious from exhaustion but still not wanting the night to end.

He helps you up and looks at you, creating an awkward pause.

He finally breaks the silence.

"Um... You have something in your hair. Do you want me to get it out?"

He touches the side of your head but doesn't move his hand.

"Clinton?"

"Please shut up." He smiles and pulls you in for a kiss. It feels like it lasts forever, but not long enough. With nobody around, it truly felt like you two were the only people in the world that mattered.

You both pull away. "This wasn't supposed to be a date. Why is it turning into one?" you laugh.

He rubs his neck and smirks as he looks at the ground. "Well, no, but now its 2 am and I don't want to go home."

You're grateful that it's dark so you can hide the fact that your face is getting red. "You think this will make me change my mind and stay Clinton?"

"I sure hope so. You said you're going to leave, and I know if I don't say something now, you'll be gone forever."

---------------

You walk back to the Air BnB for the last night. Clinton holds your hand on the way back. It's very different to see this side of him, but you like it. 

When you get back to the house, you see a dark car parked in front of it.

"Who's that?" you ask Clinton.

He's silent. "Clinton?"

He looks away from the car and at you. "I'm not sure. I don't know."

What did you guys think of Clinton tonight? Who is the car parked in front of the house? Does Clinton know?

Let me know what you think! 

~A