7: Cassie

You wake up in an empty bed. Clinton is gone and you see your shorts and hoodie on the floor. You remember last night after your shower with him. His touch on your body, kisses in between your thighs, it was amazing. But why does he keep leaving? 

You get up and put your clothes on. You walk into the hallway and peek into Mitchel's room. He is still cuddled up to your friend, still sleeping.

As you walk downstairs, you see Christian cooking breakfast. "Good morning." He says. "Do you want some breakfast?" 

You smile. "I'd like that." He slides some eggs and two pieces of toast onto a plate for you and pours you coffee. 

You thank him and ask, "What's the plan for today?" 

He sits down next to you. "Well, its our last day here. We were thinking about going out to a club later tonight. You down?" You nod. 

He smiles. "Sweet." You get up and pour more coffee. "Clinton and Jesse are packing up our instruments and cabs and shit for tomorrow. We have some time before we have to get ready." Christian says. 

You wrap a blanket around your shoulders. "Want to go sit on the balcony?" you ask. "We can kill some time."

Christian's POV

We walk outside to the balcony. God, she is so beautiful. She sits down on a couch on the balcony and pats the seat next to her. I plop down next to her and she puts the blanket on our laps. 

"You got a cigarette?" she asks. I pull one out and light it for her. She leans her head on my shoulder. 

"Thank you Kras." She whispers. 

I pull her close. "For what?" She is so warm. Don't make this weird, Kras. 

"For being here for me. I've gone through a lot this past year and I never would've thought you all would help take my mind off it." 

I pull her up and look her in the eyes. "(Y/n), what's wrong? Please talk to me about it." 

She sighs and takes a drag off the cigarette. "It was a lot all at once. First my parents got divorced. Typically, it wouldn't be a big deal, but I always thought my parents were soulmates." 

She looked like she was going to break down in tears. I pulled her in close. 

"Turns out my dad was cheating for 2 years. Then my boyfriend of a 3 years cheated on me, said that he was bored. Because of everything, I almost failed out of college." 

This time she did start crying. Her tears made me want to cry. 

"I'm sorry love..." I didn't know what to say. Tears streamed down her cheeks. I wiped them away and looked her in the eyes. "Look, I know we don't know each other that well, but know that I mean it when I say I'm always going to be here for you. No matter what." I say. 

She gives a fake smile. "I'm sorry for crying, its so stupid." She laughs. 

I hug her again and brush the hair out of her eyes. "It's not bad to cry. In fact, I think it makes a person stronger." This time, she smiles for real. 

We sit in silence cuddled up under the blanket watching the cars drive by under us. 

There is no way she can know how I feel about her. She has been hurt way too much, and I can't hurt her with this lifestyle of ours. Plus, I don't think she feels the same way.

Your POV

Christian was such a sweet friend. I am so glad to have him by my side. 

You both walk inside to get ready for the day. You help him clean up the dishes from breakfast and go to pack your bags. 

At this point, Mitchel and (F/n) are awake and drinking coffee in the living room. Mitchel throws up a peace sign to you. "Ready for tonight?" 

"F*ck yeah" Your friend jumps up from the couch. "We should go shopping quick to pick out clothes for tonight!" 

Mitchel laughs. "You girls better be quick, the club is downtown. We're leaving early."

You arrive back at the house and get changed into your outfit for tonight. You put your hair half-up and curl it. 

You walk into the living room and do a spin for everyone

"DAMN look at this mama!" (F/n) shouts. "Girl look at you!" you say to your friend. Everyone grabs their phones and wallets and walks outside to the Uber. 

You arrive at the club and there is already a line trailing around the corner. Jesse walks up to the bouncer and gets everyone in right away. Music is blaring and (F/n) pulls you to the middle of the dance floor. Mitchel and Christian go to the bar to get drinks for everyone, and Pat, Jesse, and Clinton start to mingle. 

You look over at Clinton. He starts to talk to a tall blonde girl in a skimpy outfit. What is he doing? We just hooked up. Doesn't that mean anything to him?  You get out of your head and continue to dance with your friend. 

Suddenly, you feel a presence behind you. You're expecting it to be Clinton, but you look over and he's still talking to the blonde. You look behind you and it's a man, much older than you. 

"Hey gorgeous." He whispers. You try to get away, but he wraps his arms around your hips. 

At that moment, Christian and Mitchel return. Mitchel wraps his arm around your friend and Christian does the same to you. 

"Hey babe, who's this?" Christian says. The guy backs off immediately. 

You laugh as Christian takes his hand away. 

"What was that?" you ask. 

"Sorry," Christian blushes. "Figured I would come save you." 

After hours of drinking you whisper to your friend, "I gotta go to the bathroom." 

Mitchel hears you, clearly hammered, and shouts, "Cheers to that! Let's go!" 

"I'm gonna grab a smoke quick." Christian says over the music.

You walk to the bathroom. The line is insane. As you make your way to the door you can see why. Most people aren't there to use the bathroom. 

You finally make it and return to the dance floor. It's crowded, but you spot Mitchel at the bar. You walk over and order another drink with him. 

You two are walking back and laughing but he stops dead in his tracks and drops his drink on the floor. 

"What?" you laugh. He doesn't answer. 

"What?" you ask again, nervous. 

You look to see what Mitchel was looking at. It was your friend, with Clinton. His hands were all over her, grinding on each other and kissing. 

Wow! Did you guys expect this?? How do you think everyone will react? Why would Clinton do that? Also, what do you think about Christian? Let me know!

~A