6 months later

Greta

I folded some tops as Clara brought out a rack of clothes.

"The new skirts arrived," Clara told me.

I stopped folding and pulled a skirt from it. I held it up and looked at it. "I love the colors in it," I said, admiring the design I created.

"The skirts are hip and cool," Clara announced.

I looked at Clara and smiled.

"Babe, you got another order on the sundresses," Dante announced from the counter.

I set the hanger back on the rack and walked over to the counter. Dante swiveled the screen, and my eyes widened. "That's a lot," I mentioned.

"Well, people want the newest designer in town," Dante said, smiling.

"Sista! We got a problem!" Hans yelled from the back.

I sighed and made my way to the back. "What's the problem?" I asked Hans. He had a measuring tape hanging around his neck.

"I need an average mannequin. How do you expect me to work under these conditions? All women need love, and I can't work like this," Hans announced, putting the back of his hand over his forehead and walking away dramatically. My brother is still an idiot.

I walked towards the counter.

"Why is Hans acting like a drama queen?" Dante asked me.

"It's Hans. When isn't he a drama queen?" I asked.

Dante chuckled.

"Oh, my god!" I heard someone squeal.

"I'm picking this one," Ariel announced, holding a green chiffon dress.

"Oh, pink is so my color," Aurora mentioned, holding a pink satin gown.

"I prefer the yellow. It's brighter," Tiana declared, holding a yellow sundress.

"Pale blue for me," Cindy added.

"I don't know, I think red, yellow, and blue are more my style," Sherry reasoned.

I rolled my eyes.

"Who are they?" Dante asked, pointing at the girls.

"My friends. They think they're princesses or something," I retorted.

Dante chuckled.

Belle and Goldie walked over to me. "I see business is booming," Goldie mentioned, looking at everyone shopping.

"It's crazy. We opened six months ago and already turning a profit. Plus, Clara loves the new designs," I reasoned.

"Who wouldn't love the new designs? You have talent," Goldie told me.

I smiled as Damien, Andrew, Cedric, and Hans walked over to us. Damien wrapped his arm around Belle, kissing the side of her head. Andrew guarded Goldie against Hans's comments. I spoke to Cedric since we settled our differences.

You come from nothing and grow up making friends while finding love. Hans and I lost our parents as kids, but we gained family when we became older. Family isn't always blood; it's the one that came and never left.

I began with a fake husband and gained a family out of it. Sometimes the craziest plans come with unexpected results as true love prevails.

***********
Narrator

With all fairytales, Greta learned a valuable lesson. She learned that family comes from the people around us. If we stop, we find what we're searing for in our lives.

The fairytale book fell out of the bookcase in Greta's place and flipped open to the final page of Hansel and Gretel as the words, and they lived happily ever after appeared.

The fairytale book closed as the light engulfed it as it vanished, moving to the next guardian.

Maleficent stood in the cauldron room, looking out of a window. Helga and Locasta entered the room.

"The book moved to the next guardian," Helga announced.

"Excellent," Maleficent said, looking out of the window, watching the grass rustle as the wind blew softly. A smile curled upon her lips.

While the witches stood watch, the books appeared in the next guardian's home. Gus tripped over the books, then kicked them. The book flew around and smacked Gus below the belt, making him drop to his knees.

Harry entered the room to see Gus on his knees. He picked up the books. "Why are you on the floor? Are you praying because God loves you?" Harry announced happily.

"No, dingleberry. I tripped over those stupid books and kicked it. It hit me in the nuts," Gus groaned.

"Well, don't kick books. It's your fault," Harry said.

Gus shot Harry a glare. "Stupid books," Gus mumbled.

The fairytale book flew out of Harry's hand and smacked Gus in the face, knocking him over. Harry watched the books disappear.

The books reappeared as Davis found them. He picked them up as Dan saw him. "What do you have there?" Dan asked Davis.

Davis held out the books to Dan. He took them and looked at the books. "Sherry must have left these out," Dan mentioned.

Davis nodded.

"Okay, put them in Sherry's room," Dan instructed.

Davis took the books to Sherry's room.

"Dan, these allergies pills aren't working," Steve said, entering the kitchen while sneezing.

"Okay, I'll find some new medication. Where's Stan?" Dan asked.

"Sleeping," Steve said, sneezing. "On the front porch." Steve sneezed again.

Dan went to get Stan and found Brad hiding. He stopped and pulled Brad out his spot. "We need to discuss your shyness," Dan said.

"What if a girl talks to me?" Brad asked as his cheeks turned pink.

"A girl won't if you keep hiding," Dan reason.

"Do you mean I have to talk to a girl?" Brad asked, his eyes widening.

"Yes, and we'll work on that later," Dan said as Brad became anxious. Dan went out to the porch to find Stan asleep. After waking Stan, he helped him inside, but Stan fell onto the floor, snoring.

Brad, Steve, Gus, Harry, and Davis came into the living room to find Stan on the floor, sleeping.

"Did you give Stan sleeping pills?" Gus asked.

"What?" Dan asked, looking at his brother, incredulously.

Gus shrugged as Cosmo ran past them in the kitchen. Sherry's brothers left Stan sleeping on the floor, chasing after Cosmo.

Like most fairytales, an evil witch watches to exact their revenge. It starts with an apple.