Ground rules

Greta

I checked into my hotel room, and the clerk gave me two card keys. I reluctantly handed a card key to Dante, who snatched it from my hand.

"Thank you. I didn't want you to lock me out of our room," Dante replied, smirking.

"I would like to lock you in a cage, but I get told that's animal cruelty," I remarked with an annoyed look.

"Oh, sugar plum, you have so much to learn about me," Dante said, putting his arm around my neck.

"What? That you were raised in the wild and haven't learned to act civilized," I replied.

"No, that my bite is worse than my bark," Dante said, smirking.

I looked at Dante, speechless. He removed his arm from my neck.

"Come, love muffin, it's time to check out how sturdy the bed is in our room," Dante announced, walking away from me.

"Wait. What?" I asked, grabbing my bags and running after Dante.

While I chased down Rumpelstiltskin, Hans checked in at the front desk. Chad pushed Hans out of the way as Hans pushed back.

"Hands off the merchandise, dingleberry," Hans declared, brushing off his shirt.

"Excuse me, mother reserved my room for me," Chad announced.

"Oh, does Mommy know that her loser son is a thief?" Hans questioned.

Chad looked at Hans.

"Yeah, I didn't think so, numbnuts," Hans retorted, getting his card key. He walked away and flipped off Chad.

*******
I opened the door to a king-sized bed. I walked into the room and set my stuff down on the floor. Dante walked over and jumped on the bed. He turned to his side and smiled at me.

"Look at all this room that we have for you to scream my name," Dante mentioned.

"In your dreams, wolf boy," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Oh, don't be a spoilsport. It's not nice," Dante said, fake pouting.

"You're not sleeping there," I announced, pointing at the bed.

"Excuse me?" Dante questioned.

"You can sleep on the couch," I answered.

Dante got out of bed and walked over to me. "Oh, I don't think so. See, you created this fake marriage, and now you can suffer," Dante remarked, smiling.

"It doesn't mean we sleep in the same bed," I informed Dante.

"That's what married people do, sugar lips. Since you no nothing about marriage, let me explain some key details. We act lovey-dovey, call each other cutesy nicknames, and share the same damn bed," Dante ordered.

"Then you live in a fantasy world. What married couple acts like that?" I asked, with a hand on my hip and my palm out.

Dante thought about it. "Right, but they still share a bed," he reasoned.

Someone cleared their throat. We turned to see Chad standing there.

"Trouble in paradise?" Chad questioned, smirking.

I didn't think but reacted as I turned, grabbed Dante's shirt, and pulled him into a kiss. Dante put his hands on my lower back, pulling me close to him. He deepened the kiss as Chad stormed off.

*******
Dante

Our lips moved in sync with each other as we kissed. I opened an eye, noticing Chad storming off, then closed it. Greta's lips were soft and plump, tasting like sweet bliss.