I tightly gripped the rope in my hands, so hard, I could feel it ripping up my flesh, but I just ignored the burning pressure and focused on pulling the box. We pulled it a few minutes, well tried to anyway. We saw the boys, talk to some girls of group B and I felt a familiar wave of jealousy rush through my veins and I gripped the rope so hard, that my knuckled turned white.

"Oh my gosh y/n you're bleeding!" I heard Brenda say and looked down at my hands to see red oozing out of my hands. I immediately let go of the ropes and wiped the blood out of my hands.

"You know what? Let's just push it yeah?" I suggested taking my eyes off of the scene. She gave me a saddened look, but nodded anyways.

We pushed and pushed, and managed to bring it halfway to the med hut. I smiled slightly and looked around, my eyes once again finding the boys watching in admiration as the group B girls did summersaults and other cool stuff. My face immediately fell and I stopped pushing. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Brenda stopped pushing, looking confused as her gaze followed mine and looked at me. I forced myself to take my eyes off and watch the ocean instead, sitting on the ground, cross legged. She followed suit, so now we were next to each other.

"You know, if this bothers you that much, maybe you should just talk to him rather than doing crazy stuff like this."

I felt tears stinging my eyes as I looked at Brenda, giving her a teary-eyed smile. She just pulled me into a hug, as I silently cried, sniffling once or so. After few moments, I pulled away and wiped my eyes.

" Look at me. Crying over something so stupid like being 'jealous'. If I told this about to a month-younger me, she would think of me as the stupidest person in the world." I chuckled through the tears.

"No, because the y/n I met a month ago, was the kindest person I've ever met, and she doesn't make fun of other people's problems, no matter how small they are. She's always there for us and she can be cocky sometimes. But, she's still my best friend and I love her." I smiled at the girl next to me and replied,

"Love you too. But, I'm sorry to inform you that the cocky me has entered the chat." We laughed for a little while, but were soon interrupted by,

"Looks like you need a little help." Minho. We turned around to see the guys, a smirk etched across his face. I was right, my cockiness had entered the chat. 

I stood up glaring at Minho and forcing Brenda to stand up without breaking the eye contact. We once again repositioned ourselves to pick the box up, when our arms gave out dropping it. I closed my eyes waiting for the loud thud, which surprisingly never came. 

I opened one eye to see it in Gally and Minho's  arms. Minho once again smirked at me, but this time I wasn't angry, rather upset. 'You are just a useless prick.' I thought to myself.

I frowned and turned my back to them facing the sea and sat down once again cross-legged. I felt someone sit beside me, and I immediately knew it was Newt. I didn't bother to look back to see Gally and Minho carry the box, while Thomas, Brenda and Frypan leaving me alone with him.

"I'm sorry about earlier. I just.." I started. "I wasn't thinking straight I guess."

"Care to tell me what happened?" He asked softly staring at the sun like me, which was setting in front of our eyes. The sky showing million of colours and the stars starting to slowly appear as the sun lulled to sleep. I sighed softly.

"It's stupid. But, do you really wanna know?" He turned to me and nodded and I finally looked  at him. The sun rays were hitting him in the perfect directions making him look 10 times attractive and me, more anxious. I took a deep breath and said,

"Well I kinda felt guilty for letting you all do the work, so I decided to help?" It was more of a question than a statement. 

He nodded, not looking convinced at all and asked me, "Now, what's the real reason?" I gave in. I just couldn't keep it in anymore and told him, well everything,

"I saw you guys, looking at those group B girls these past few days. They are so stronger than me and total badasses. I was just a medjack in the glade, and now a girl who couldn't even carry a box," I chuckled and continued, "I feel like, I don't deserve you Newt. You deserve someone whose beautiful and stronger than I am. I'm afraid you'll fall in love with one of them and forget about me. I'm afraid that the only reason for which, I'm still alive in the first place, will be taken away from me. Slowly and teasingly, making my heart break each second." I finished as tears flowed down my cheeks.

I couldn't bring myself to look at me and waited for the worst- yelling. This is the moment, he's going to break up. This thought haunted my mind, but I immediately snapped into reality as I heard a soft chuckle. Newt. We looked at each other, he took my hands in his and started,

"Y/n. My love. I didn't fall in love with a badass girl. I fell in love with a kind-hearted and caring girl, who never fails to put others before her. And she is the most beautiful girl, I've ever met. Even if there was an alternate world, where I was the only guy in a maze full of 50 girls. I'm damn sure, I'd fall in love with her and only her. She feels like she's not good enough, but for me she's just perfect. I felt the same insecurities back in the maze, thinking that there were over 50 other guys she could've chosen from, but she chose me. That's  because, when you're in so much love with someone, you don't see other people, even when they're not perfect and have flaws, they're perfect for you, you fall in love with their flaws. You wanna know how much I'm sure?" 

He doesn't wait for an answer and connect his lips with mine. I don't hesitate to kiss back and I feel all the things he said right now. In that moment, all my insecurities melted away, leaving happiness inside me. We pulled away and he spoke again,

"Besides, you are a badass. You fought grievers in the maze, cranks in the scorch, and if it wasn't for you, I'd be dead right now. You even messed up with Minho's hair gel, now  that's badass"

"Hey!" I reply acting offended. "That was 1 time. And I didn't mean to that, it just happened!"

"Sure." I playfully glare at him, but smile.

"I love you."

"I love you too."  

-------------------------------

A/N - Hope you liked that!

Now, we have another question, which house do you guys belong to? I am a Hufflepuff and my best-friend is a Slytherin! Drop the answer in the comments!