Knights of the Square Table

Start from the beginning

         "We aren't in Camelot, Gawain. It's not the same as then," Lancelot muttered.

        "What does it matter, right father? We don't need to be in Camelot to drink to our hearts content. It'll be the first time you've partied with us. Aren't you happy to finally be able to act like a friend instead of our king?" Mordred was once again ignored. Not a single word went acknowledged by Saber.

        "No need to kill the mood, Lancelot. Camelot was only but a place. We are gathered here at Chaldea now." The deliberate act of ignoring Mordred simply got on his last nerves, so (y/n) couldn't help but speak again.

        "Surely you do not intend to disrespect Mordred like that with me standing here. I don't care if Ritsuka is the most regarded master in Chaldea nor do I care about whatever family issues you have going on. I am Mordred's master. I won't allow you to keep acting that way with me here."

        "I didn't mean to upset you, (y/n). If it's arrogance your worried about, I don't hold myself or Ritsuka any higher than need be. Otherwise, I don't seem to get why you're so upset about family matters. They are just as they are. Family matters," Saber responded. Before (y/n) could say another word, Mordred shot up from her seat and stormed out of the room. The door slammed shut behind her and Saber didn't so much as spare a glance to Mordred as she left. It was at that time that Bedivere allowed Tristan to speak again to which he ended his earlier statement despite there being no reason to.

        As much as (y/n) wanted to stay and argue with Saber on Mordred's behalf, he didn't. Instead, he headed after Mordred not caring about any reprocusion he'd recieve from Da Vinci for ditching the reunion party. "Mordred," he called after the red clad knight. Even if she had been wearing her armor, she'd still be just as quickly walking down the halls as she was now. (Y/n) had to run for a short moment to catch up to her. When he did, he pulled her back by her hand only for her to reject his attempt to calm her down.

        "You didn't have to do that," she snapped as she faced him with a glare. "I already knew she wouldn't acknowledge me. There wasn't a reason for you to say anything."

        "You expected me to stand there and act like none of that bothered me?" (y/n) countered as he grabed her wrist. "I'm a Master of Chaldea that's proud to stand at your side. I could care less who Saber is to you or why you think it's okay for her to ignore you like that. As long as I'm around, I'm not letting anyone treat you like that!" (Y/n) meant every word and he returned Mordred's glare with just as much anger as she seemed to have for his intervention.

        "Since when did you care about that stuff. You always get annoyed when I talk about father," Mordred spoke. Her words were barely audible as she pulled from his grasp and began to head back to his room where she often hung out.

        She wasn't wntirely wrong, but she wasn't completely right either. "Quit your whining. Come on," he mumbled. (Y/n) walked alongside Mordred until they reached his room. Without a word, they went inside and remained in a comfortable silence while Mordred calmed down. It wasn't until (y/n) got an idea that Mordred started talking again.

        "What are you doing?" She watched him drag his table to the middle of the relatively empty space of his room. Then he pulled a chair up to it and had Mordred sit there.

        "You're the king right now. The king clad in red and the best one this room's got. Come on, we're going to have our own party without the rest of them. I could care less if Da Vinci punishes me later although I might regret saying this whenever that happens," (y/n) explained.

        "What you're doing right now is stupid," Mordred flatly stated.

        "Oh, shut up. Take my attempt to cheer you up or else I'm kicking you out of my room to sulk somewhere else," he said. Mordred's slight smile was what kept him from entirely regreting the idea.

        "Whatever. You wouldn't kick me out even if you wanted to." Her smile turned into a grin as she looked away from him with a roll of her eyes.

        "What's your first order as King? Whatever it is, I'll carry it out as your knight." (Y/n) wanted to see Mordred happier, so he kept the act going.

        "What kind of king only has one knight?" Mordred criticized.

        "I'm doing the best with what I have. Give me a break," (y/n) reasoned. A familiar sight sleeping on his bed caught his attention. "Okay, here. Look! Fou will be your second knight. Now you have two." He'd picked up the sleeping furball and brought a confused Fou over to Mordred. "We're your knights of this here square table," he announced.

        "My first order as king is for you to please stop. Seriously, you're killing me with how stupid this is," Mordred said. She was doing her best to hold back her laugh and that was enough for him.

        "Fine by me. This was getting kind of weird anyway. As long as you're back to normal, I'm fine with it."

        "But you didn't have to do any of that. Really. I'm a knight. I can defend myself," Mordred quickly stated.

        "What? You don't expect me to save you when you at least look like you need help?" (Y/n) smirked when Mordred made eye contact with him.

        "That isn't fair! Using my words against me is cheating!" she claimed. Regardless of that, it was clear that she was back in good spirits for the time being. From that time until later on that night, their atmosphere remained untouched by negativity.
______________________________________

I apologize to any Saber lovers out there. I had to do it. Besides, sometimes Artoria really does just ignore Mordred so I wasn't wrong...