Knights of the Square Table

Start from the beginning

        "She has a point. Sometimes it's hard to tell when you're awake with your eyes being closed like that all the time, Tristan," Lancelot commented.

        "You're not helping the situation. All of you need to calm down and wait for the king to arrive. We're causing trouble for Mordred's master and if we cause trouble, our own master's will be displeased," Bedivere quickly spoke in order to difuse the situation. (Y/n) was suddenly met with unwanted attention at the mention of his name.

        "You decided to stay? Our masters left us here with nothing more than their regards. Do you not trust Mordred to behave. Has she been bringing bad luck?" Gawain seemed awfully interested in why he was still there which made (y/n) all the more uncomfortable.

        "Why the hell do you want to know so much about my master, huh? And if you've got a problem with me, then say so! Don't go assuming things about what happens between me and (y/n). That's none of your business," Mordred snapped.

        "I'm actually also curious about that. Is it because Mordred's a-" Tristan was wondering but his words were cut short by Bedivere who quickly covered his mouth before Tristan could say another word.

        "No, let him finish. I want him to say it. I dare him to," Mordred growled. She held a deadly aura around her, but (y/n) didn't care enough to intervene. He already didn't want to be there. Getting involved in a potential fight would only add to his burden.

        "You've all forgotten our purpose of gathering here. It's supposed to be a celebration, not a debate," Bedivere whinned. The knight had earned (y/n)'s respect for trying so hard to keep everyone in check, something he himself didn't have the patience for. "It's not supposed to go this way. That's not how a celebration works."

        "That's enough Bedivere. I'll take things from here." Everyone was a bit startled by the voice belonging to none other than Saber. Usually the servants of Chaldea did not go by this alias since many servants were of the saber class, but somehow, Artoria Pendragon got away with it.

        "About time you showed up, father. Tell these idiots that you don't care about them. They seem to think otherwise," Mordred spoke.

        "Why are you all making such a fuss? Isn't this supposed to be a celebration of our gathering?" Saber had entirely ignored Mordred which didn't sit well with (y/n). He knew how highly she valued her father's opinion of her even if Mordred herself would never admit to such a thing.

        "Mordred asked you something. Won't you answer her?" (y/n) found himself saying. He hadn't even realized he'd spoken until he was starring Saber right in the eyes with a slight frown.

        "It's more appropriate to stop this argument is it not?" The answer wasn't what he expected nor was it what he wanted to be said.

        "Well the celebration hasn't really begun yet. Why don't we all sit down and talk about the good times we had as knights of the round? A good round of storytelling will surely keep our spirits up, right?" Bedivere did well to notice the sudden tension in the atmosphere, but his way of handling things didn't exactly work.

        "You are correct, Sir Bedivere. Reminiscing over good times and good food is a good idea. I've asked Ritsuka to bring in refreshments. He should be arriving soon with Mash." Saber had answered him without hesitation. Not only that but she smiled as if she hadn't just done something so rude just moments earlier. (Y/n) couldn't stand it.

        "Is there any alcohol allowed? It's to my understanding that drinking isn't exactly very common here," Lancelot spoke.

        "Worry not! Surely we can have a grand time without that. We've got our king here afterall. What more could we need?" Gawain said.