chapter 18

Elsa POV

Once we reached the blood fountain pack and explained what happened to Jairo, he pulled all of the forces back. With our combined strength we had like 10000 troops vs the ~2500 the brigade had. But they were fortified inside their castle with advanced weapons z while all we had were basic swords, spears, and bows. Or so I thought. Jairo motioned for me to follow him.and I walked down into his quarters. "This is the most guarded secret of our pack...I didn't think we'd ever have to use it." He said as he opened his bookcase to reveal a tunnel. I walked through and was hit with the smell of ....blood?! I walked in and sure enough...blood...huge canisters of blood everywhere. I looked at Jairo in shock. "Don't worry... it's not werewolf blood, it's animal blood. I noticed the tubes from the cannister leading towards a fountain in the middle of the room which was shooting out blood. "This...as you may have guessed, is the blood fountain our pack was named after. It filters the blood through and through some weird kind of thing, refines into this type of blood, which the alpha of the pack can use..for magic. I gaped at him as he oepned his coat and began putting a bunch of bottles of blood inside it. "That's really disturbing." "Yes." He said with a strange smile. "...ok then so about the strike team..."

----

It was 3 of the most highly trained soldiers our armies could offer, plus me and sunscreech. Jairo was to lead the siege and I gave him full command over the army. Sunscreech led us through the mountains to a cave behind the castle as we heard the battle begin from the front. I thought I heard some lightning from up there... probably Jairos magic. "Come, quickly." Sunscreech said as he ran into the tunnel. "If you can kill the leader the morale of the army will drop immensely." "Yeah id think so." It was the first time I had talked to him since confessing my feelings. "Hey...about what happened-" "we need not talk about it Elsa, soon Antonio will be gone and I'll be gone anyway" I nodded sadly as we came to a door. "alright...he should be right on the other side, get ready." The 3 guys all got their weapons out. One had a big axe, one had a sword, and one had a spear. Sunscreech had his pistols, and I had my dad's swords. Sunscreech kicked through the door and ran inside blasting randomly as we all yelled and followed.