59. Fourteen Hours

A.N. I had to republish this multiple times because there was this...issue with it not letting you know I did so. 🙃 Sorry for my lateness, I tried.

|Kenji

"Gideon!" I exclaimed, rushing into the dining room where everyone else was. Saw them all eating and having a good time - though Alaric was the one missing from them all. They all looked calm as if nothing was amiss.

"Kenji what is it?" He asked me in confusion, and I get it. At midnight last night everyone made up - congratulations. Except I woke up to Alaric not being in the room with the twins and me. Everyone seems to be doing just fine as if my distraught meant nothing.

"Alaric is gone." I whimper, and he glances at Damian who shrugged. I frown at their actions and saw Sorrel yawn as if my words made him tired. "What is wrong with you guys? Do you understand me?! Alaric - Damian your best friend, Gideon your somewhat-friend, Sorrel your acquaintance! - he is gone!"

"We heard you loud and clear." Gideon groaned as if he was annoyed, and I was disgusted by their lack of care. Especially from Damian...I expected him to show some form of sympathy!

I shook my head at them, and saw the kids were still asleep. It was only us up and I point at them - not holding back.

"You all have fucking wax build-up in your ears? I said Alaric is gone!" I hiss, and Sorrel snorted. "What's so funny? I thought you were a changed man?"

"I am! I'm just thinking about how is name sounds like 'garlic'. That should be his nickname." He teased, and saw Damian laugh with him. Gideon snickered at his words and now I wondered if I'm in some nightmare.

This didn't seem real at all.

"I'm clearly dreaming...since when did you all become best friends?"I cry, and Damian frowns.

"Kenji it all comes down to forgiveness and understanding. This behavior is so unlike you-."

"Because Alaric is gone you fools! It is as if I'm the only one who cares." I cry, and I see Gideon gesture for me to have a seat across from him.

Pissing me off, I sit at the chair. He begins to show me his phone and I saw a timer that was counting down from fourteen hours. I looked at the clock and saw it was six in the morning.

"What is this?" I ask them quietly, and Gideon pressed his finger to his lips. "Gideon-."

"Kenji just have faith that Alaric is doing just fine." He interrupts me in a chill-tone, and I look at Damian to make sure. He nods for me and just grins. Except I don't know what he could possibly be doing.

We have only been here for a couple days and now this is happening? I hope...Alaric isn't running from me. It doesn't seem like it since Gideon had a timer, but I don't know why.

"Can you all give me hints?" I ask them, and Gideon snorted as he shook his head.

"Why on earth would we do that? Alaric was very adamant you know absolutely nothing. Maybe he's...running away from you because this mafia life was too much." Gideon messed with me, and I saw Damian punch his hand.

That didn't help me feel better...that actually pissed me off. I knew he was teasing me but I didn't want to be teased right now. That was the last thing I needed to here.

"Fuck you Gideon." I snap, standing up fast as I rush back to the bedroom. I close the door and lock it, pressing my head against it. My hands kind of trembled a little bit because I didn't want Alaric to leave me.