33. Trust From the King

I stood before Sorrel as I held Titan in my arms, his eyes gravitating towards him. He suddenly scoffed at me, shaking his head.

"What is this? You come to rub in my face that you had Gideon another son? Another to replace ours-?"

"No, I already apologized for that. I came here to help you." I say proudly, and I let myself into his hotel room. Standing before him, I saw him begin to back away as if he was skeptical.

I didn't have anything on me so I don't know why he'd look so afraid.

"Why are you looking so fearful? You were confident towards me before - very confident." I say to him, and he nods at Titan. "What about him?"

"This changes things, puts things in perspective for everyone. You are...the powerhouse - you really did it." Sorrel shook his head, and I just stare at him.

I saw him chuckle as if he was having a revelation. Even though there was nothing for him to be having a revelation over.

"I did what?"

"You now have Gideon wrapped around your finger and he's so far up your ass that he doesn't see how...convoluted and insane you are..." He croaked, his hands suddenly covering his mouth. "You came to kill me since I had his first-."

"No! I came because Jun isn't dead you idiot! Where the hell did you get all that crap from? Are you insane?" I snap at him, and he raises his eyebrow at me.

Titan is able to breathe more stable now, and he's now out of his incubator. I was able to convince Kenji to get Sorrel here secretly. The only ones that know he's here is Kenji, Sorrel himself, and me. I came here at midnight and Gideon is passed out...at least he was when I left... Now that Titan is well, I am going to keep to my promise and help find Jun.

"He's...he's not alive. Gideon and I know so-."

"No, Sorrel, he is. Gideon's bitch of a father said so. He put Jun up for adoption because he didn't want him to be 'distraction'. I wouldn't lie about something like that, that's why Kenji and I wanted you to come to America." I explain to him truthfully, causing his eyes to water.

He quickly looked away from me, not saying a word; but I didn't miss the tears that began to stream down his face.It was hard to miss as he cried silently, but I could tell it hurt him deeply.

"Sorrel...I want to help you find Jun-."

"Okay?! Then what?! Are you and Gideon going to take him from me and raise him yourselves? Going to take him away from me and not let me be in his life? I can't have that! If we even do find him...what if he's adopted and is happy? I rather you have not told me because this feels worse! Because Gideon will most likely take him away from me completely, I know him! Because he's selfish and cruel and mean and evil!" He screams, and I begin to hear Titan whimper.

My eyes narrowing on him, I wanted to punch him in the face; but I had Titan in my arms. He was my main priority - I can't be bothered by things like this anymore and react... I'll use my words - I'm good with that.

"I used to think those things of Gideon too; but knowing him, he wouldn't do that to you. Take your son away from his own mother... You know Gideon wouldn't do that to you, or maybe I was wrong about your intelligence. I guess your just as stupid as the words you just screamed at me. Raise your voice and frighten Titan again - I'll make sure your lips keep you from speaking idiotic statements as the ones you spat at me so maliciously again." I sneer, and Sorrel's eyes widen.

Though he did seem to take the hint as he folded his arms, walking away from me to a box of tissues. I followed him, seeing him wipe his face of tears.