17. Japan With the King

"Welcome to Kyoto, Damian."

I look at Gideon as he waved his hand over all of the area we were in front of. My eyes scanning the area of Japan that I never thought I'd get to see. It amazed me greatly to have the honor to be here.

"It's so pretty." I say, admiring the cherry blossom trees that stood proudly. When I looked over at Gideon I saw him have his phone on me and I grin.

"Aww, you look so cute. Give me a big smile." He told me happily and I did, hearing the picture be taken. I rush over beside him to look at the picture and I see how nice it looked. "You are like a model."

"Really?"

"Yeah, duh! Look at you?!" Gideon exclaimed, groaning in pain and gaining more attention. We already had eyes on us before, now there's even more eyes.

Not that I was against such a thing. Almost felt like we were famous in a way...or he was.

"When do we get to see Kenji?" I ask him, and he smirks.

"Yeah, so here's the deal..." He drifted, walking along as I followed him and the guards were behind us with our luggage. "We aren't going to meet Kenji yet. I brought us here to...retry our honeymoon phase because the last one wasn't good. I hope you don't mind..."

I stare at him, watching as he glanced away from me awkwardly then looked at me. Except I wasn't bothered by such a thing and smiled.

"That's great. I don't mind at all." I tell him happily and he smiles.

"Good. Because I want to take you somewhere." Gideon said, and I watched as a black car progressed towards us. He walked to the door and opened it for me and I smirk.

"Want me to help with the luggage?"

"Of course not. You can get in the car, relax." Gideon said, and I went inside for him to close the door. I sigh in relief to be able to sit in the car and know that it was morning time in America. In Germany maybe getting towards the afternoon.

Over here, the sun was setting and it was a completely different time. I wasn't sure whether to sleep or relish in the new sights.

Once all the luggage was put away, I looked over to see Gideon getting inside. He sat beside me and the car began to move.

"Where are we going?" I ask him, and he smiles. 

"We're going to the Kodai-Ji Temple. It was well-known in Japan that if you go there and get married, you will be destined a happy life with that person. Can grant a happy married life and I had a feeling this place would be nice. Quite the cultural gem, might I add." Gideon informed me with excitement, his eyes softening on me. "What...what do you think?"

I grin, running my fingers through my hair as I look him in the eyes. That's when I unbuckled my seatbelt and came closer towards him. His arm wrapping around my waist and he pressed his lips to my temple.

"I think it's great. I am excited to see what it'll look like."

"It's very beautiful, I hope you love it." Gideon said, and I nod.

"I know I'll love it. Won't it be closed at night though?" I question and he shakes his head.

"Stays open until 9:30 PM. I'm confident we'll have time." Gideon states, and I turn my body so that my face met his. I didn't know what I was thinking, but I knew I wanted to do something different.

That's when I leaned towards him and kiss him. As we kissed, he gripped my waist and pulled my body towards his. My hands had to go on his shoulders so that I could steady myself and not do too much.