CHAPTER FOURTEEN - INFECTIONS AND BLURRY VISION

Start from the beginning

"I said fucking grab him, Gguk! He's passing out in my arms!" the doctor shouts and Jeongguk lunges forward, scooping the limp boy up in his arms. The rest of the men watch quietly as the scene unfolds before them, unsure of where they should be or what they should be doing. But as they watch the trio leave the conference room, there's clearly nothing left for them to do but wait.

Seokjin strides quickly through the halls, and Jeongguk isn't far behind. He holds Jimin against his chest, hands resting securely below the boy's thighs as a chin rests against his shoulder. He can feel soft puffs of air gust his ear and his grip tightens on the teenager's legs as he enter through the infirmary.

"Place him on the bed," Seokjin stresses and Jeongguk does as he's told, laying Jimin down gently on one of the beds. The mafia leader watches as the teenager shifts uncomfortably, his face contorting in pain. Audible whimpers are heard and the doctor is quick to unwrap Jimin's foot, gaping.

"His cut is infected, Gguk," Seokjin says and Starling stands still, unsure of what to do. The boy's face continues to pale and he proceeds to move around in evident pain as the doctor paces to the other side of the infirmany, grabbing some things in his arms.

"This is going to hurt," Seokjin states as soon as he unloads his gatherings onto a table, sitting on a rolling stool. He pulls up to the foot of the bed, grabbing Jimin's heel delicately in his hands as he examines the wound just above it, studying it intently. After doing so for a short impactful amount of time, he's quick at work, dabbing something benignly against the sole of Jimin's foot.

The boy yelps, eyes blowing up. His back arches in pain and he curls his fingers into the bed covers, biting down hard on his lips.

"I'm sorry, kiddo," Seokjin apologizes sincerely as he continues, only for the infirmary room to be filled with continuous cries of agony.

"You're hurting him," Jeongguk points out with furrowed brows and the doctor sends the man a pointed look.

"I'm hurting him? Don't even get me started on the shit you've put him through, Gguk. You're being a hypocrite," Seokjin snaps and Jimin cries out once again, tears streaming down his cheeks in response to the unbearable pain.

Jeongguk rolls his tongue into his lower lip, visibly undergoing conflict as he watches the scene playing out before him. He decide to approach Jimin's bedside fully, pulling one of the boy's small hands into his own.

"Squeeze if you need to, okay?"

"O-okay."

(・Θ・)

Jimin stirs beneath the covers, balled up fists rubbing at his eyes. The pain in his foot doesn't make itself apparent until he sits up against the headboard, hissing quietly. And he doesn't notice how Jeongguk's head rests against the mattress until his fingers brush some of the man's black hair by accident. Small snores emit from his parted mouth and the teenger wonders just exactly why the mafia leader is at his bedside, sleeping, rather than in his own bed.

His mouth is dry and his lips are chapped as he runs his tongue over them, feeling dehydrated. His head aches and he presses the heel of his palm to it, wincing but only by a whisper.

It doesn't matter how hard he tries to keep his gaze away from the mafia leader, because his eyes always somehow end up landing on his dormant figure. And how he looks so innocent when he's quiet. How mesmerizing his lashes are as they rest against his cheekbones. The way his pretty lips situate themselves into a pout as soon as he adjusts his sleeping position.

Typically, for most people, they'd stop staring as soon as the person they're admiring looks their way. But Jimin doesn't care. He continues to study Jeongguk's pretty face openly, even as the man peers up at him with a neutral expression.