Chapter 14

Hello darkness my old friend

I wake slowly. It takes me a moment to ground myself and remember where I am, but with one breath the smell reminds me. I am pushed up again Sams large, warm chest. I can feel his strength through his thin shirt. I don't mind the closeness, the coldness here in Forks is something I'm still getting used to, so I enjoy his warmth.

I lay there, thinking about yesterday and about him. He has quickly become the most important people in my life, I consider him my best friend. We've been spending more and more time together since our talk at the beach. I've gotten used to the whole imprinting, werewolf, vampire thing. I always knew there had to be things like this in the world, but I never knew how wonderful it would be. I finally have a family here with the pack, Sam and I are still getting comfortable around each other but I don't know. It just feels right.

I take a long glance at Sam, then with a sleepy huff he starts to stretch. His arms move from around me and up above his head, all the while he kicks his legs in front of him. Knocking me off the bed and on the floor.

"Hmmph!" The noise leaves my mouth as I land on the ground beside the bed. "Ouch." I say with a quiet, pained voice. At this Sam fully wakes up and jumps down from the bed coming to cradle my body to his. "Em!" He exclaims his eyes frantically searching mine. "Are you ok!?"

I sit up in his arms and smile at his still sleepy face. "Yes sunshine I'm alright." I say with a small laugh "Just try not to push me off the bed next time will ya." His worried face turns into a questioning smile, then he speaks. "Next time?" He questions. I don't answer, instead I maneuver myself out of his arms and off of the floor. I stand above his still questioning face, and hold my arms out, wanting him to take my hands.

"I don't think this is a good idea Emerson..." he says slowly as he puts his hands in mine. I say nothing and start to pull, trying to lug his large body up. But for the second time this morning, I fall.

"Thunk."

"Ouch." We say in chorus. Our pained faces quickly turn up and we both start to laugh uncontrollably. At the very same moment we hear thundering steps coming quickly up the stairs. The door to Sam's door burst open. The faces of Jake, Paul, and Embry stare down at us. Me laying on top of him and both of us cracking ourselves up.

"Well well we'll." Jake starts, "Now what do we have here." He ends with a giggle. I gulp and immediately stand up and straighten my shirt, then reach for my oversized hoodie. "Um." Sam says sheepishly, "I accidentally pushed Emerson off of the bed."

The boys blanch, but then start giggling uncontrollably. Paul shakes his head and walks back out into the hall and down stairs. Jake lets out a few more squeals before backing out of the door frame. But Embry stands there for a little longer, a more serious look on his face. He turns to Sam, opens his mouth like a fish a couple times, trying to find words. He internally makes up his mind and speaks.

"You watch yourself." He says to Sam as he points two fingers from his eyes out to Sam's body, then walks slowly backwards out of the room like the rest.

Our eyes move back to each others and we stare. He takes a gentle hand to my face, pushing some brown hair out of my face. I close my eyes at his touch, loving my way his fingers feel on me. Finally he speaks, "Come on, let's go get some breakfast."

Heehee