Chapter 3

Ok....he said few houses down on the left. Well I just passed number 5. What does Billy consider a few? Cause I'm kind of getting little worried, my worthless phone died ages ago so I can't call anyone if I get lost. Not that I had anyone to call really. Billy obviously can't get to me, wheelchair and all, and I'd rather not bother Johnny this late. Oh blessed day, on the left I see a long driveway leading into a wooded area. But, that's not what stops me. A beat up and overused motor bike sits leaning against the mail box. Bingo.

I drive down the road and see a cute little wood house surrounded by beautiful trees that cast an enchanting shadow around the home. Its quite small, but it has this warm homey feeling about it. Something i'm not really used to but beautiful none the less. Once I park I instantly hear the sound of boys yelling. Something to do with, dinner? Now I know this is definitely the right place. I get out of the truck and set the pie on the hood to ensure I don't drop it. I go to shut the door, but it sticks and won't close. "SHIT!" I say angrily. I go back and try again. No avail. I try for a few more moments and still no change. With a small cry I use all my might and with a final slam the door of my rust bucket finally closes. With a finishing huff I grab the pie and stalk to the door, muttering to myself about the crap truck I drive. I stop when I notice all the yells and screams from inside the house have vanished. Weird. I walk up the final few steps of the porch. With one hand holding the pie, and the other raised in the air ready to knock, the door suddenly swings open. I blink, quickly realizing that instead of a door I'm looking at two, very, shirtless boys. "I'm looking for Jacob, is he here?" I say with confidence. One of the boys turns around and walks back into the house yelling for Jake. The other, meaner looking one might I add, slowly reaches his hand out towards my pie. I realize what he's doing and swiftly swat his hand away. "Don't go around touching strangers pies! It's not nice." I say with a grumble. The second I hit him his body slowly started to vibrate, almost seezing back and forth while his face seethed with anger. I took a small step back, not wanting the kid to punch me or anything. As soon as I opened my mouth to say something, Jake walked out with a smirk on his face and then started to giggle...like a little girl? "You actually baked my pie?" He said with a giddy smile. "Of course." I spoke, I then slowly got onto my knees while holding the pie up like an offering. I then started sarcastically, "Oh great and powerful Jacob. I bow before you with an offering of pecan pie, as per requested, and offer up my apologies for being a...." I looked up at him questionably, silently asking him to fill in he blank. "Meanie head." He spoke solemnly, then slowly started to crack a smile. I started up again. "For being a meanie head." I ended with a laugh. I got back up to my feet and handed him the still warm pie. One of the boys behind him handed him a fork after watching the whole exchange and Jacob took a bite, right out of the very center. He chewed very slowly then handed the pie back behind him to all the other boys in the house. Once he turned towards me he crossed his arms, then cracked a huge smile and said, "Apology accepted!" I rolled my eyes then, happy with my transgressions forgiven, I walked back towards my truck the hollered back, "Later loser!" As I'm about to pull out I hear frantic screams to come back. What nowwww. Multiple boys come streaming out of the house and all scream the same thing over and over again. "PLEASE COOK US DINNER!" Then other silent single pleases come too. I hit my head over the steering wheel over and over, complete strangers, and black's boy want me to cook them dinner. I'm going through the pros and cons in my head and think, what's the harm? After some thought I begrudgingly agree. I get tons of hands slapped around my shoulder blades and back. I wince and move away each time they come down. "Guys!" Jacob screams, all the boys stop and listen, "Quit touching her, Emerson doesn't like being touched." He concludes. They all give me a frown and follow me in the house. On the way they all introduce themselves. So far I've got Jacob, Paul, Embry, Jared, Quill, Seth, Leah, Collin, and Brady.

As I step in the house I come face to a godly looking man. I start from the bottom and slowly make my way up. He's clad in just blue jean shorts that hang low on his waist. He's very tan, just like all the others, and muscular too. I finally make it up to his eyes. My heart starts beating fast and the emptiness I've always felt in my heart dissipates. I see the most handsome face I have ever seen. Deep brown pools that draw me in and I can't seem to look away. He has a far off look in his eyes and a small smile of him face. I finally snap out of it when I hear cat calls and laughter from the other boys. Damn I'm screwed. I stick my hand out for him to shake and say slowly, "Hey, I'm Emerson. I'm a friend of the Blacks. These boys somehow roped my into cooking y'all some dinner." He quirks his eyebrow and sends a small smile of my use of the word y'all then replies back, "Of course they did, I'm Sam by the way."

Somehow I knew that something very big was about to happen. And it seems like Johnny, Billy, and everyone else in this room knew what it was.

THE FEELS PEOPLE! THE FEELS. Please comment and tell me I'm doing a decent job :)))

-Trina