Chapter 10

I HIT 1K!!!!!!!!!! A special thanks to all my readers for putting up with my slow writing:))))

The ride to Sam's house was relatively short considering he was driving and actually knew the way. His truck is a nicer version of mine, only with no center console, just a bench seat. Which of course allowed Sam to yank my small body towards his the second we got in. Not that I mind, which I don't, cause he was comfy and warm. No arguments here folks.

My body rested tightly against his, so much so that I could feel his heart beat, and every breath he took. His right hand rested gently against the juncture where my hip meets my thigh, and left hand securely on the wheel.

We arrive at his secluded house and when we got out of the truck, we were immediately met with face fulls of teenage boy. "EMERSON!" they all chorused together while surrounding me and pushing Sam to the side. "Guys chill" I said, "You don't have to jump me like a pack of wild animals." I finished with a small laugh and a weary smile. Their eyes widened and smirks grew and then they just stared. What the frick did I say? They have a funny look in their eyes. I get broken out of my thoughts by my arm being grabbed and pulled out of the mass of boys. "Come on, lets get you something to eat." Sam says, then gives the boys a stern look then pulls me inside.

"Shit. No, don't mix that. Jared if you sick your finger in that pan one more time I'll cut a bitch!" Regardless of what Sam said about me not cooking dinner, got washed down the drain when he cracked an egg in a pan and left a whole shell to burn.....I pushed his sheepish form away and got to work on scrambling eggs and making other breakfast items. It may not be morning but Embry whined for pancakes.

Half way through a group of them came in and were trying to eat things straight out of the pans! I smacked hands away and slapped Jareds fingers with a spatula after he reached for the egg pan. It reminded me of the first time I was in this house. Which, looking back at it now, feels like ages ago.

I still had a few things left to do but my long, wavy tresses kept falling into my face, prohibiting me from seeing. After a few more failed attempts to blow them out of my face, I feel thick warm fingers slide through my hair. They slowly pull back the annoying strands then tie it off with an elastic hair tie. The hands slide down my neck, shoulders, then come to rest on my hips. I lean back into the body of Sam, already knowing it's him just by his mere presence and the tingles I feel where his hands rest. "Where'd you get the hair tie?" I ask while turning around in his arms, facing him. "Quill babysits a girl, Claire, and always keeps one on his wrist for her." He replies. I stare at him for a moment, the face of a man I hardly know, yet here I am, wrapped in his arms, and knowing hardly a thing about him. "Ok," I start looking him sternly in the eyes, "Look we both know you're an attractive specimen and all, but I hardly know a thing about you. If we're going to do." I pause, gesturing wildly with my hands. "Whatever this is, I need to KNOW you and you need to know me." He spends a moment looking at me, then all of a sudden laughs. The man is laughing at me! He leans down to rest his head in the corner of my neck, huffing air on me as his laughter dies down to giggles. I rest my hands on his head playing with the longer hairs on the nape if his neck, waiting for him to explain. He slowly kissed the top of my shoulder then rose back up to meet my eyes. "Sweetheart, you're stuck with me for a very long time." He whispered. I gave him a confused look before he looked at me with resolve. "Come on. Let's go and eat with the boys, then we can go for a walk. I'll tell you everything you need to know, then you can tell me some about you. Deal?" He says, grabbing my hand and leading me to sit at the table. I look up and around at all the loving faces of these teenage boys around me, then my eyes land back on sam. "Deal."

I just want to get to the next few chapters cause with the help of my lovely friend Allison Fezzes_are_Cool_ , WE'VE FINISHED PLANNING THE PLOT OF THE REST OF THE STORY!!!

I've been a little stumped on where I want the story to go. So we sat down one day at lunch and just wrote up some awesome ideas!