Chapter 12

I am lousy I know
Enjoy

I stare at him with a blank, but surprised face. I open my mouth to speak but no words come out, when he sees this he stammers, "Emerson I know it's a lot and I know you probably don't feel..." I cut him off with my hands on his face. Fingers at the nape of his neck as I slowly bring my forehead to his. We stay like that for a moment. As the waves crash behind us and the trees sway in the wind, we sit forhead to forehead, breathing together slowly.

Finally, with a small smile I pull away, looking at his handsome face. He looks at me with a slightly worried face as well but it softens as I speak. "Sam." I start, "Do you know why I moved to forks?" He looks puzzled for a moment, not expecting me to say that but listens as I continue, "I never really got along with my mom. I always felt like I was disapointing her and she would yell and get so angry sometimes." I grimace, "But my dad, I worshiped him. We was one of the kindest people I have ever met. So adventurous and outspoken. He was a leader. Someone people looked up to, including myself. He always took care of me. But one day, he just left. It was when I was just a little younger, around the time I was turning 18. I guess he didn't love her anymore, and since I was about to be 18...he thought I would be safe because I could leave." I sigh and look him in the eyes, "That wasn't the case. After he left us, left me, my mom just got even worse. "

"Sometimes I think he left her because it got too much, but other times, I think he might have left her for another woman." I end with a sigh. "So that's sorta why I moved here. But I also think this may have been where my dad grew up. He talked about his childhood rarely, he acted like it as a secret, but I remember him mentioning Washington and a dark sanded beach." I stop while Sam and I look up and take in the beach around us, noting the dark ground. I then continue, "I did a lot of research and found forks." I said with a small smile. Sam looked up taking what all I said into thought, then he spoke, "If that is the case do you think that maybe he came back here when he left?" Sam questions. "And that my dear Sam is why i'm here." I say with a small squeeze to his arm. He looks up at me with a small, but genuine smile. "I was hoping to maybe find him" I start, "Or at least find some answers or where he could have gone." I say with a finish. Sam looks at me a little different now. Still with that same glint in his eye, but with something more tender.

Odd seeing that expression on him. He just told me about his life and warewolves, and not only imprinting but the fact that he imprinted on me! Me! And now here I am telling him about my parents and I haven't even told him how I feel about him!

We sit there for a moment, just looking at eachother. Trying to figure out what the other is thinking. I finally speak up, "Sam?" I question. He reaches over and puts his large, warm arm around me. The movement is natural for the both of us. Pulling me even closer to him. " Mmm?" He replies. I look up at him and ask silently, "You think i'm your soulmate?" He looks at me with a large grin, the biggest i've seen on him in the short time i've know him. He leans in closer, his mouth hovering over my lips for a moment. My heart is racing.

I want him to kiss me so bad. I think i've honestly wanted him to kiss me since the moment I laid my eyes on him in his kitchen. Everything i've felt about him finally makes since after our talk. The pull and attraction makes since.

He doesn't kiss me on the lips though, but he angles his head and kisses me slowly on my cheek. My cheek that is wet with tears. Tears I didn't know came out but lay silently on my face after the emotional talk about my feelings and my family. I wasn't crying out of sadness, but out of relief. I know that Sam is going to take care of me. I don't really know the specifics of imprinting but I just know that something is happening between us and I really like it. I really like him. He reaches up and wipes my tears then speaks. "Come on." He stands up and put his hands out for me to grab. He pulls me up a little to hard, forgetting how strong he is, and I hit his chest with a thump. "Woah" I say as I put my hands on his chest to steady myself.

He smiles, kisses me on the cheek once more, then grabs my hand and starts walking. "Lets get you home Em."

he he