Chapter 9

Enjoy readers!

Carlisle's tires make tracks in my dirt driveway as he pulls in. "I know...." Carlisle starts with closed eyes, "I know that this is all new to you, but I want you to know that my family and I are here to be, whatever you need us to be. While Edward was in your mind, which he is sorry for, he saw things. Felt things, that no one should have to go through." He finishes with a grimace. I pull my brows together and look down, playing with my thinning fingers. I take a moment to collect my thoughts, then speak. "I...thank you, for everything you've done the last 3 days. Your family has shown me more kindness then I've seen in a long time. But, I didn't move here to be comforted and make friends. I moved to Forks to get away and live the rest of my short miserable life peacefully. So thanks, but, no thanks. If y'all ever need anything let me know, and, I promise I'll keep the vamp situation a secret." I say with a small forced smile. On that note I step out of the car and make my way inside my little blue house.

After a much needed shower and a small sandwich, I get dressed. I put on some black legging, black rain boots, and an oversized black long sleeved t shirt, and black beanie, I then head over to where I parked my truck at Johnny's. Walking through the mud and light rain I hear a yell from the direction I'm going. "Back from the dead I see! Where've you been kid? Sam and the boys have been going crazy asking for you, said it's been weeks since they've seen you!" Says Johnny. "Well I was sick for a while, then I took a walk in the woods, cut my head up from tripping over something, then some mystical forest fairies took me to their castle and thought I was so pretty that they made me their princess!" I exclaimed sarcastically with an eye roll. "Ha, funny Em." Johnny replies with a scoff. I finally make it to his back shed and, with some difficultly, get in my truck. Cold and wet I put the key in the ignition so I can drive it back over to my house and finish the rest of the day in peace. But, the truck won't start! I turn it over for the third time before I finally give up. Stepping back out into the rain I begrudgingly head back over to my house, grumpier than I started out. Right before I make it to the door a truck pulls hastily into my drive and none other than Sam Uley gets out. Shitty shit shit. I'm not ready to deal with my unexplainable attraction to this handsome man. I can't talk to him.

With dead eyes and a cold body I turn to his quickly approaching form. He storms up towards me and swiftly, but gently, takes my chilled face in his large warm hands. My self control leaves me and I slightly lean into his hands and close body. He gives me a stern once over before he speaks. "Emerson,  I don't know where in Gods name you've been or why your pretty little head thinks it's alright to be out in this rain, but if you don't get your butt inside this house I'm going to be more mad than I already am."

My eyes widen and my blue lips open in a gasp

My eyes widen and my blue lips open in a gasp. I slowly nod and open my front door widely to let his tall frame in. "Get out of these clothes and go take a warm shower, I'll lay out some clothes for you." He orders. "Why are you doing this? Why are you even here? I've been avoiding you for the past month." I end with a whisper. He closes his eyes and pinches his nose. Then he walks towards me, pushes my hair out of my face and reaches down, giving me a kiss on the forehead. After letting his lips linger he then speaks. "Go get in the shower." He whispers. I shivered but silently agreed walking towards my bathroom. I don't even know why I am listening to him. But I can't help it, it's the way he looks at me when he speaks. I have to listen...

After a swift shower I walk into my bedroom to find him laying on my bed with his arms crossed over his eyes and some clothes folded by his feet. With a towel around my body and dripping hair I ask, "Are you just going to lay there or...?" He moves an arm and cracks open an eye, signaling a silent yes. With a tired sigh and weary voice I say, "No way mister, we're not close enough for you to peak at my goods. So scoot" I end with a glare. He gives a small laugh and rolls off the bed and walks towards me and the door. Shutting it with a soft click behind him.

I quickly get dressed and leave my room to find him standing by the door holding his jean jacket out. "Put this on and let's go." He says. "Wait what, where are we going?" I asked confused. "My house. So I can watch you, and the boys all miss you." He days while holding out his hand for me to grab. "Sam you don't even know me! Why should I just follow you?" He reaches out and grabs my fingers and laces our hands together before answering, "Because this is me wanting to get to know you and I want to protect you, I can only do that if your with me." I scoff and he elaborates some more, "And I don't want you to go missing for three days and come back with a stitched gash on your head again." He says with a glare. I roll my eyes and pull him out of the house, locking the door behind us. I look over at his brooding face and pouty lip and speak, "You're such a ray of sunshine aren't you?" I say while he helps me climb into his truck. Before he closes the door he kisses me on the cheek and replies, "Only for you." I don't even know this guy but I already feel safer with him then I did my own parents. And holy fudge balls his lips touched my face, TWICE.

Yay I was actually productive. Hopefully there will be more to come after this. I would give an insight into the next chapter but honestly I write these word by word soooooo. ;) -Trina