Chapter 7

HERE WE GOOOOOOOOO

"You're making me super uncomfortable with your arm around me but everything is spinning like a top so I'll let it slide." Carlisle gives me a pointed look while helping me over a log. "If you don't mind me asking." He started slowly, " How exactly do you know of me and my family?" I thought for a second before answering, "Well Johnny Hall, my neighbor across the street that I'm friends with, has mentioned that y'all helped out the Black family on numerous occasions. Also Chief Swan and his girl a few times too. I quite like Charlie, I feel like he was a cool dad." I ended thoughtfully. "Better than mine." I grumbled under my breath, not knowing Carlisle could hear me. "I once made Johnny a batch of snickerdoodles not knowing he didn't like cinnamon, he wouldn't eat them of course. So I brought them to Charlie and ever since he's been pestering me about making more." I finish with a small smile, slightly missing the days when I still talked to these people. I'm most definitely missing Sam. That idiot hasn't left my mind since I laid my eyes on him. And, If I wasn't for my pounding headache and split brow I wouldn't have even left with Carlisle. But I probably would of died in the woods without his help. Which would of been fine I guess, dying and all, but I would if felt bad leaving that mess for someone to find, yikes.

"Ah! Here we are, I'll just take you to my office straight away and have you fixed up in no time!" Carlisle said while picking up the pace. I followed him up a long driveway and into a beautiful house. The second I walked in it was like a breath of fresh air. The majority of the walls were glass windows letting the moonlight cast a shadow across the furniture. He led me up a flight of stairs and when we reached the top we were met by absolutely beautiful people, otherwise know as the Cullen family.

"Emerson, this is my wife Esme and our children. Alice, Jasper, Emmett, Rosalie, Edward, Bella. And this is my granddaughter Renesmee. I look at all of them with a cut nod and a pain in my chest. They all look so happy together. "Hi! I'm Alice! Nice to meet you!" A girl with a willow figured body with short brown locks says then starts to come in for a hug before I stop her. No no no. God damn it she's going to hug me. I hear a cough to my left from a man I know to be Edward Cullen. Alice slowly steps back with a hesitant smile on her face. I reach my hand out in a fist bump gesture and that she gladly accepts. "It's nice to meet you guys and all but I have dried blood on the side of my face and it's becoming unpleasant. Carlisle stitch me up!" The second I said blood all their bodies seemed to slightly flinch. Weird. It's as if they have some problem with blood. Well the blonde one in the back that looks like he's in pain has been sniffing he air since I came in. Maybe I just stink or something. And maybe they get woozy at the sight of blood. Whatever.

With a look from Edward, Carlisle leads me down to a back room that had a desk and a small hospital like area. He tells me to take a seat on the chair and gets straight away to sewing my face up. "When was the last time you ate?" He ask slowly. "Your blood sugar is really low and you seem to be experiencing more disorientation then you should from a cut." I slowly take a breath and let the air back out. "I can't remember." I say under my breath, thinking he couldn't hear me. I turn to look at him when a hand is placed on my shoulder. "I know there's something wrong, and I can tell your sick. Stay here." He says with a firm tone. "I want you to stay here for a day or so and get better, and take a breather from whatever is ailing you." I glance up at him with blurry vision, "You don't even know me Carlisle, I'm just some random girl you met in the woods." I say with a frown. "No, your someone who's hurting and alone and I'm offering you a sort of adopted family. And, Billy has said nothing but good things about you Emerson. Stay." He says sternly. With a final nod he leads me to their living room helps me lay down on the couch and covers me with a blanket. Him and his wife sit on either side of me. I send them both grateful smiles and look straight ahead, willing the tears not to fall. With Esme's hand falling in my leg and Carlisle's on my shoulder, I let the water works go. I sob with all that is within me, which isn't a lot. I feel a presence behind me and suddenly, I fall asleep to the feeling of calm.

I am so tired it's not even funny. I've been super busy so that's why this chapter is kinda late, sorry bros. Catch you on the flip side, updates will be soon. -Trina