Chapter 8

* ok holy frick I went back and edited and wowza it was a mistake valley.
I honestly have no excuse for talking this long to write some more. So sorry Home girl that always leaves me sweet messages, much apologies. For the rest of you, enjoy...ish

I awake to crusty eyes, aching bones, dried tear tracks on my face, and the feeling of fingers IN my head. Not a gentle caress of the scalp, but the feeling of someone invading my mind. It's not pokes or prods. Stabs or punches, but the swift calculated motion of looking through a filing cabinet of sorts.

I was never the superstitious type, but I always wanted to be prepared for any situation. One of which being mind control or some freaky extraterrestrial looking through my brain. So I took precautions for the extra slim chance that it would ever happen and did some research.

Back in Texas there was this old library I used to go to to get my reviews done in a quiet place. But I found myself interested in books of legends and folk stories. I've always been interested in the mind, so I read a lot of how to block one out of reading your thoughts. It was just a hobby of sorts, no way I actually thought any of it was real. But, in this moment, I did what I had learned. I started picturing bricks slowly stacking around the perimeter of my mind. Then I pictured my mother. Weirdly enough, when I thought of someone who caused me the most emotional pain, it was her. I pictured her saying the things she used to scream at me. "You're worthless." "You disappoint this family." "Why are you still here, we don't want you." At first I pictured her whispering, then all at once I made the brick walls shoot up, her whispers turn to screams, and my eyes open.

The second I open my eyes I see that I'm still in the couch in the Cullen's living room, but next to me on the floor, is a writhing Edward. "What the fuck." I start slowly. Not even a second later the entire family is surrounding me. And a second after that, Edward is up from the floor and staring at me. Weird. I slowly look around and take in my surroundings. Worry and hostility. Why would that be in their eyes? Why are they just staring at me like that. The blonde boy in the back, Jasper I think it was. He stands like he's about to fight. His eyes have a weird look to them, almost...primitive. The second I finish that thought, I hear a sharp intake of air coming from Edward. This situation almost seems like one of the old stories I read, of cold ones. I surly have a death wish so I'm going to experiment. There's a hangnail on my left hand that's been pestering me for days. Not the most convenient but it'll do. I reach down with my opposite hand and slowly and painfully pull. A drop of blood comes out, running slowly down my finger. At the same moment I speak, in my head. It's not nice to read others minds without consent. A few breathe heavily in and shift backwards but, Edward comes closer.

I then speak out loud. "Never in a million years did I think that those legends I read to pass the time would be true." I spoke quietly. "How did you do that with your mind? And who was the lady screaming?" Edward asks intrigued. Carlisle then speaks, "Do what?" "I used something I read about to ward off mind readers, pretty much screaming and a brick wall. Why were you in my mind?" I said. "You're not the least bit worried about the fact that we're blood sucking vampires?" Rosalie cuts in and asks incredulously. "No not really. At this point in my life nothing is lying to freak me out. Also, when I did this to my finger." I said, holding up my semi bloodied finger, "You all backed up and turned your heads, indicating that your afraid of the blood?" I asked questionably.

"Renesmee, come show Emerson everything." Bella orders kindly. In the next second the preteen comes and places her hand on my face. I flinch at first, which doesn't go unnoticed, then I allow the hand to be placed softly on my cheek. After, I see.

"So let me get this straight, Bella and you arm wrestled on a bolder and not only did she break the huge bolder, but she also whooped your ass!?" I ask turning to Emmett with mirth in my eyes. He grumbles under his breath before turning away. I laugh a little before Carlisle interferes. "Ok enough of the stories, let me do a check up." Carlisle says while moving in front of me. For the past hour they have been telling stories about themselves and what they are. But, every story seems likes there's a part of it missing, something they aren't telling me.

After a few pokes and minor tests Carlisle says I'm ok for now, but if I don't start eating again, I'll probably die. Sweet, just what I wanted. The second I finish saying that in my head Edward is in front of me going me a stern look. "Ok! Ok! Chill I was joking!" I say semi laughing, only for it to die down the longer he looks at me. I push my self up from the couch, since I am in good shape better for me to head home. I walk over to Esme and Rosalie and reach over to grab my phone that was being held out by Esme's hand. I pick it up and notice 183 messages and calls. "Hold shit how long have I been out." I exclaim checking the date. "ITS BEEN 3 FUCKING DAYS!" I scream. I scroll through the messages all from Johnny, billy, Jacob, and...Sam. Carlisle explains. "Your mind was emotional tired just as much as your body was. I had Jasper change your emotions to calm you and you just passed right out. "No kidding" I say hotly. "Can someone take me home?" I look around the room and Carlisle gets keys tossed to him and guides me through the house to his car in the front. We start the drive home and all I can thing about is the fact I've somehow managed to meet a family of vegetarian vampires, and how much I missed that dark skinned man. The shit has hit the fan.

Ok guys! I've done it finally, another chapter down! Hopefully I'll have another one up soon! - Trina