Chapter 1

Well here goes nothing.
Italics is inner-monolog, and Emerson talking to herself 

All my life all I wanted to do was leave. Not like the leaving home when you're fresh out of high school, and using daddy's money to drink your heart out in college. No, the very detailed plan to leave everything, and everyone you've ever known. I never thought I'd actually get the nerve to do it. But here I am, in my shitty pickup truck, trying to figure out which exit to take. Which in my defense is kind of hard when you're trying to eat a large slim Jim, and follow the gps. But I've been in the road for hours and it got to the point where I could hear my stomach over the sound of the radio. I was playing alternative rock for heavens sake. I should of just flown but that was an extra expense I wasn't willing to pay. As of right now I'm trying my absolute best to save as much money as I can, this move is going to kick my bank accounts ass. I'm literally surrounded by cars and trying my hardest not to hit any of them. It kinda helps that I'm a decent driver, it makes this trip a little more bearable. But, I can't say the same for all of these other drivers. Hey look a semi truck, wow that mug is larger than my need to pee. What is the likely hood of some gale force winds coming through Washington and just bloop! Knocking that sucker right into my Chevy. Hmm probably not likely. I finally find the right exit, thank God, and slowly make my way into the small town of Forks.

********************************************

I had already secured a small house for myself. I had been saving up for years for all of this, so I was able to find a decent house right in between the Forks town line and a reservation called La Push. After a long drive from Texas I pull up the drive to my new home. Finally. The house itself is...well as good as I could get without using every penny to my name. All it needed was some dusting, a few flowers, and a good paint job. When I got out I was met by an older man walking from the house across the street. After sending me a small nod he spoke, "Hello, my name is Johnny." I gave a small nod myself. "Um hey, I'm Emerson. I just bought this house." I said, slowly pointing awkwardly behind me with an odd smile on my face. "Obviously, look I was friends with the previous owners and have been taking care of the house. You're young, don't cause any damage." Damn...could he be anymore blunt. I gave a sarcastic smile and saluted, "Wouldn't dream of it." I replied. As I was walking back to the house I glanced back and saw him strutting away muttering to himself. Men these days.

***************TIME SKIPPP***************

I had unpacked and put up what little I brought. The reservation stores were the closest, so once I was finished I went ahead and picked out some paint to make the outside of the house more appealing. This place is supposed to make me happy right? What better way to start than painting my house than a light, happy blue? I rolled up my sleeves, and got to work. I was almost finished when I hear a yell behind me, "What the hell are you doing kid!" Johnny. I swear, this old man talks too much. "What does it look like man?! I'm painting my house!" I replied. He finally made it over from his house across the street and stood in front of me. "It's blue." He said. I turned around slowly and glanced at my house, then turned back towards him with a blank face. "Yes, yes I did notice that, quite a lovely color isn't it? Just makes your insides tickle with joy doesn't it, oh.... sorry you probably don't know that feeling, do you?" I said, he only huffed in reply then strode back towards his gloomy house. "Have a good night Johnny!" I yell. HA! I just served him a plate full of IN YOUR FACE. I think I might actually enjoy living here.

********************************************

I am currently in my room, in my house. My house, mine. I worked hard for all of this, and everything is finally coming together. I plan of living peacefully here for, forever I guess. Just me, myself, and I. Maybe I'll get a cat, but I'll definitely keep the human interaction to a minimum. Who would want to be with me anyways? I wasn't wanted in Texas, who says it will be any different here. I don't exactly have much to offer. I'm for all intensive purposes plain. Short stature of 5 ft 3, long wavy deep brown hair, and deep blue eyes. I have a nice body I suppose. Of course you would never know because I cover it up with my oversized flannels and I'm not exactly approachable anyhow. My sarcastic comments and RBF is apparently off putting. Well not that it matters anyways, I've gotten used to being alone, and I'll probably die that way too. I'm worn from today, but glad that I have an actual bed to sleep in after sleeping in my truck on the side of the road for days. I take a quick shower, change into a oversized t shirt, and make my way to my bed. As I'm lowering myself into the silken covers, I hear something interesting, a howl? I jog to my back door that faces the set of woods on the side of my house. I totally shouldn't be out here in a new place at like 3 in the morning, it's like a horror movie waiting to happen. As I look outside I see something strange...a group of huge animals running past within the woods. Believing it to be a trick in my tired mind I lock the door and head back to bed. Welcome home Em, welcome home.

Yay first chapter!! Whoop whoop. If you're reading this then THANK YOU LOTS!
- Trina