Chapter 13

MUHAHAH

It has been 2 weeks since Sam and I talked in the woods near the beach. Things have been sort of the same, but i've gotten much closer to everyone, especially Sam. Everyday at 5 o' clock since then, he makes the short drive over and picks me up. Sometimes we watch movies with the boys, sometimes I cook for them all, sometimes Sam takes me on walks through the woods, and other times I watch as they all wrestle in the front yard, listening to their calls for me to join them. Since that first incident a while ago Sam won't let me brawl with their tanned, strong arms. He is afraid I will get punched. I chuckle at the thought, which alerts him of my presence.

"Em?" He sleepily questions. I'm in his bedroom sitting on the edge of his bed while I watch his sleeping form. My laptop is on my thighs as I write some book reviews for work. It's 8:42. He never picked me up today. At first I thought maybe he was done with me or maybe I had done something to make him mad. But, after a while I started to just worry, so I called Jacob. He answered with a yawn then chuckled after I asked if I had done something to Sam. There was a long patrol last night, and since Sam is the Alpha he goes longer and farther than the other boys. On top of that, he's been working part time at a mechanic shop in forks. Every time I ask why, he moves around the subject and never gives me an answer. But he still lets me drop him off a lunch occasionally, as long as I promise to stop asking questions. The res gives all the boys who turn an allowance of sorts to take care of their daily life. But, some of the guys too take on odd jobs for extra money, it's not really necessary. Most of them don't.

I was at Johnnys house when I called Jacob. I still go over occasionally to help him around the house, and for his company. I apologized for those months of ignoring him. He shushed me and told me not to worry about it and we on just like before.

I grabbed my stuff and got in my truck and left. Once I got to Sam's house I opened up the door as quietly as I could. Quill, Embry, and Jared were all passed out in the living room, their snores filled the air. I tip-toed past them and up the stairs. Walking as quietly as I could until I reached Sam's bedroom. That is how I got where I am now, laughing to myself and waking him.

Geez Emerson

"Hey Sam" I say with a small smile. He smiles sleepily back, but then panic crosses over his face. "Wait what time is it?" He exclaims, starting time sit up. I put my hand on his chest and gently push him back into a laying position. He instantly calms and I smile while I speak. " It's almost 9, I got worried when you didn't show and called Jacob. I know you're tired so don't sweat it ok?" He is silent as he nods then gestures for me to lay with him. I close my laptop and set it on his nightstand, pull off my hoodie, then climb under the light covers next to him. I try and keep my distance but of course he grabs my frame and pulls me closer so we're chest to chest.

I giggle and shake my head, but allow it anyways. I trace patterns on his shoulders as he sighs and pulls me closer. A feeling of calm overcomes me and we just lay like that for a while. Silent and close.

How did I get this lucky?

After a while my eyes open, the next thing I know it's morning.

Here ya go guys

xoxo